$14.00 Speaker Stands From School Chairs..

Ramseybella

AK Member
I am starting to live at these Damn thrift stores, but today being a cheap A$$ I came up with an idea to save these little school chairs and convert them into speaker stands.
Thankfully my Neighbor has a cabinet shop and a chop saw!
This is not the final product but just the beginning, but they worked perfect for my Polk Monitor 10's with KLH 17's on top, total cost $7.00 each.
Need a little more Modding but they are little solid platforms..

Before>>

Stands1_zpsmfccfu7z.jpg

After>>

Stands2_zpsod8vybf5.jpg

And with the speakers>>

Stands5_zpstc5irumy.jpg

Stands3_zpsdwtwguqj.jpg

Stands4_zpswjqb3sfg.jpg

Last edited:
Clever lad you are!

I'm sure someone will come along and tell us both the proper way to couple the speaker to the floor with this (me, I'd have some type of rubbery gaskety material under the speaker and on the chair to make less likely to slide around.

Neat. I'll remember this trick.

Clever lad you are!

I'm sure someone will come along and tell us both the proper way to couple the speaker to the floor with this (me, I'd have some type of rubbery gaskety material under the speaker and on the chair to make less likely to slide around.

Neat. I'll remember this trick.

imagesCA6KAUKZ.jpg
Believe me I already have this thought out..
I will most likely refinish them in a darker color as well!!

Great way to repurpose and I bet they're quite sturdy. Hey come to think of it these might work well also. :D

Is that a 17 on top of that Polk?

Yes Model 17's.

It surprises me how much a flash on a camera can make things look ugly, I picked up the Polk 10's up a few weeks back I knew it had some dings at the bottom corner but never realize how much of a ding.
The Thrift store I picked them up at is ran by a group or elderly women.
When I saw them the damage looked fresh must have been done moving them into the store, not the lightest speakers to move!
I need to patch that up somehow.

The portable toilet (funny) if you can sit on it with body weight and it does not feel rickety it will work.
Yes these are real sturdy perfect angle for the speakers as well but need some extra improvement.

Last edited:
It surprises me how much a flash on a camera can make things look ugly

Anyone ever go on a road trip where you're pushing the limits of exhaustion, and stop somewhere to urinate, and make the mistake of looking at yourself under heavy florescent lighting?

It's ghastly. Do not do it.

Anyone ever go on a road trip where you're pushing the limits of exhaustion, and stop somewhere to urinate, and make the mistake of looking at yourself under heavy florescent lighting?

You always wind up saying Damn I am getting old..
Then 10 minutes later your back feeling better than you look!!:D
I stopped looking in the Mirror wearing glasses, shave in the shower by feel.

If you want to make a home-made horror movie, take your cell phone and put the camera in movie mode. Start by looking at the the ceiling with your head tilted back. Slowly bend down, all the while filming your face, until you are bent over and facing the floor.

For lots of laughs, show the movie to your grand- kids!:yes::D

Back
Top Bottom