Bass guitars/favorites:

Dream Bass: 1978 Rickenbacker 4001

QBwewd5.jpg

That is almost exactly the one I had without frets, same years. Awesome Bass!

I own a few basses, but this is the only one I really play. It's just so comfortable.

She's a pretty beat up 1967, but her tone and mojo make her beautiful to me!!

_MG_8033.JPG

Poor baby:

_MG_8108.JPG

_MG_8109.JPG

_MG_8111.JPG

Hey, looking at your photos of your '67, I just remembered that my old Jazz bass is the fretless version.

'm not a bass player, but I played a little bass with some freinds to fill in till they could find a permanent bass player
My favorite bass has to be the Dingwall. Basically because it's made right here in Saskatoon by a guy I've known since before he ever started making instruments. It's a col looking unit withe the frets layed out in a fan pattern.
Google it it's a neat idea.

Hey, looking at your photos of your '67, I just remembered that my old Jazz bass is the fretless version.

Fretless J-basses - gotta love 'em!! I picked up a MIM fretless Jazz Bass about 15-years ago when I was playing in my friend's rock-a-billy band and needed that fretless sound. I still plonk around it from time to time. GHS Pressure
Wound strings really sound good on it.

Fretless J-basses - gotta love 'em!! I picked up a MIM fretless Jazz Bass about 15-years ago when I was playing in my friend's rock-a-billy band and needed that fretless sound. I still plonk around it from time to time. GHS Pressure
Wound strings really sound good on it.

Absolutely!

I'm a guitar player and have not owned a bass for many years since my 67 EB-0 (modded to EB-3 spec) was stolen:pity: A close friend recently offered me a 64 Hofner 500/1 and I think I will take him up on it. To round out the stable a Ric 4001 and maybe a J bass with a P neck would do nicely. I really only want the McCartney sounds.

J.R.

Last edited:
My rig (Aguilar DB750 + Aguilar DB115) with my Fender "parts bass" (Dirnt sig body, '51RI neck, Fralin pup, Hipshot tuners). This is one of the best-sounding basses in my arsenal, and thanks to a very light ash body, it's a joy to play for hours.
DSC_0080.jpg

1968 Fender P-bass (neck date same year and month I was born)...
DSC_0230.jpg

Epi Rumblekat (Allen Woody sig model). With some thick LaBella flats, this thing is a big thump-machine and is great for blues...
DSC_0232.jpg

Reverend Rumblefish. One of the original US-made Reverend basses. This bass sounds fantastic...
00000004.jpg

1968 Fender P-bass (neck date same year and month I was born)...
DSC_0230.jpg

Nice, and w/ 'shell guard.

Epi Rumblekat (Allen Woody sig model). With some thick LaBella flats, this thing is a big thump-machine and is great for blues...
DSC_0232.jpg

I should think so, esp. w/ that PUP arrangement. BIG thump!

Reverend Rumblefish. One of the original US-made Reverend basses. This bass sounds fantastic...
00000004.jpg

I love the look of this instrument.

Jeeeez, Tromba. If only all basses aged so well.

Mystic, yours too.

I've got a 90's Stingray that looks better the more beat up it gets over the years.

I just ordered this Yamaha BB414 and I'm really looking forward to playing it.

EKig7aX.jpg

I'd really love to own a BB1200S some day like the one Peter Hook used in New Order.

HSoDL01.jpg

Here's a shot of Leland Sklar (circa 1977) trying out his then-new, custom built Moonstone double neck bass. He played it during The Section's set when they opened for Jackson Browne's "Running On Empty" tour. The thing didn't really sound all that good and weighed a ton but it sure was a piece of art. As I recall, it's now hanging in a Hard Rock Cafe somewhere.

Attachments

• lee_moonstone.jpg
    lee_moonstone.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom