How about a toast thread.

So many different kinds...light, dark, burnt, on one side, on two sides...so many choices.

Toasted PB&J every morning with black coffee. Man, am I boring in the morning. :sigh:

Last edited:
Thick homemade bread. Sweet Indian chutney with shredded sharp cheese on top, then slightly toasted. Toast the bread first.

I'll take mine with some Vaseline please..

I know a girl who thinks of ghosts
She'll make ya breakfast
She'll make ya toast
She don't use butter
She don't use cheese
She don't use jelly
Or any of these
She uses Vaseline

Oh. I thought this would be a thread about crash 'n burn stereo refurbs that make you run for the fire extinguisher ...

Long as I'm here. The very best ham sandwich ...

- Toasted Hawaiian bread, thick sliced
- Pan fried, deli sliced Krackus ham (Polish import)
- REAL mayo and honey mustard
- Claussen dill on the side for texture

Careful with the bread ... goes from nicely browned to badly burned in seconds ... I use a quartz oven so I can keep a close eye on it.

Not the biggest fan of typical sandwich loaf breads and regular toast with butter or jam is a bit boring. My idea of toast may be a bit different but when I do toast, it's on artisanal breads, slightly brushed with olive oil and grilled or butter fried in a pan. Prefer savory over sweet toppings.

Some favorite toppings, often combined with other toppings:

- anchovy
- sardines
- tomatoes
- mozzarella
- eggs in various styles
- caviar, preferably osetra
- cream cheese flavored with various ingredients
- various artisanal cheeses
- various greens
- garlic sautéed broccoli rabe
- roasted garlic
- aged balsamic
- olive oil
- various aioli
- pesto
- sautéed or grilled onions
- tapenades such as olive or artichoke
- roasted pepper
- various wild mushrooms, either roasted or sautéed
- prosciutto and other cured meats
- gravlax
- hummus

Reminds me ... I have to get a new source for Ukrainian Rye - quite the smorgasbord of tastes and textures, all in one slice. Local grocer that carried it fresh in the deli closed ... (mutter mutter)

PS ... does this count as toast?

polish_zur_zurek_2.jpg

The bread bowl is oven toasted prior to being filled with assorted soups or chili

There was a little deli on the ground floor of the office building I worked in that served a mean chili bread bowl. The loaves were about 8 inches and made for a hearty meal. They gave the center cuts to a local food bank.

Kinda reminds me of an old Seinfeld episode where Elaine goes into business selling muffin tops. The fun part is trying to figure out what to do with all the leftover stumps ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxph6zErgYI

Back
Top Bottom