Kutztown XXXII, May 8-9

ekimetsok

Won't be long now! Looking forward to seeing all my old radio buds from across the planet and anxious to welcome all first-timers who will finally scratch this one off their bucket list. Look for me in booth 331-333. All you need to know here: http://www.dvhrc.com

Auction is on Friday this time. No worries, I've got vacation time that must be consumed before it expires. I guess I'll put that in tomorrow.

Tom and I will stalk on Friday.
Hopefully we'll get there early enough to **** you guys up!

Pictures or it didn't happen!!

still have teh bracket sittin on a shelf,,, see ya there!

you know, I'd mostly forgotten about that. I've got that stereo in service at work now. Would be cool to have the antenna not taped to the back to prevent further damage.

See y'all there. I'll probably be wearing the tie-dye shirt and my silly looking boating hat to screen my my paleness and receding hairline from the daystar.

Lookin forward to it,,, bring the 6BG6, if its still around... You'll find me, I'll be crawling under tables! Been making lists all winter...

I wonder if they are going to open it up again a day early for $5 admission, like they did last year. A lot of the "good stuff" was sold before it actually officially opened. Good thing though because I spent way too much anyway.

Non-vendors are charged $15 for early shopping on Thursday. This was imposed last year primarily to deter tailgaters selling out of their cars without paying for a table. :nono:

I went, I saw, had a good time, got some good bargains. :thmbsp: The biggest pain was pushing through all the old Collins radios and vintage TVs to get to the good stuff. :D (For Sandy :D:D).

Met up with pfcs49 & Tom, knockbill, gadget73 and saw ekimetsok very busy at his table. Lots of people this time and a lot of good gear. Now that I already have one, there were tube testers up the wazoo - dozens of them. Everything from $35 Jacksons to big $$$$ Hickok cardomatics.

I was restricted from buying any big stuff due to an up coming move but still managed to score a quad of NOS Sylvania 7591s ($75), a bunch of Pomona test cables ($2 ea), a nice big power tranny ($10) and bunch of 807 tubes ($1 ea, thanks Gadget).

And to top it off - a beautiful day to drive topless! :smoke:

It was good to see you guys again,,, you'll have to come back twice a year for the reunion!!!
I'm glad you paid attention to my tube buying seminars!!!!!!! I got a bunch of tubes, transformers and porcelain plate caps that didn't have to cross an ocean,,, lots of vinyl deals, also...
I'll leave it to Gadget to report on the Fisher deal we made! Or not!

Last edited:
I'm surprised there aren't more reports from the Kutztown meet. I only went Friday, but it seems some were there most of Thursday, and one guy I spoke to said some folks started drifting in Wednesday!!! Anyone go Saturday, or has that fizzled out, with the auction on Friday evening?

I'm surprised there aren't more reports from the Kutztown meet. I only went Friday, but it seems some were there most of Thursday, and one guy I spoke to said some folks started drifting in Wednesday!!! Anyone go Saturday, or has that fizzled out, with the auction on Friday evening?

YES! is this a secret claven or what??!

Back
Top Bottom