What was the fastest car you ever owned?

It's pretty amazing how many cars over the last 15 years will do 120 or higher. A lot of the FWD GM cars are limited to about 110 and of course, most of them don't feel super stable at that speed whereas the Contour and BMW felt just fine.

My basic, stock 2009 Impala with the 3.5L does 112 mph. Gets there fairly easily so there's a bit left but 112 is where the speed limiter clamps it.

My '93 Corrado. Although, it's currently pretty much a bare shell awaiting reassembly so it also qualifies as my slowest :D

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0680-1.jpg

Untitled.jpg

4ccb09c6-db9a-465d-bedc-50eeda929514_zps5a9cc5fa.jpg

Past fastest would be my Acura Integra (non-Type R) hatchback. It was like an Accord on steroids.

Present fastest is my Jaguar X-Type, but ownership is so new that I'm not quite sure yet how fast it is. I do know that it really eats up the highway miles...

Very nice, I was driving thru a parking lot one time and saw a red '66 Fairlane XL with Magnum 500's for sale and had to have it. I ran home and called right away and was driving it later that day. "66 Fairlanes were always one of my favorite Fords and they look even better in red. It was a great car with a 289 but I always wanted to put a 390 in it, Ended up selling it due to too many cars/no storage, I'm sorry I did. Saw it a few years later at a show with an FE motor and no more bench seat, I was afraid the kid was going to cut it up or wreck it, Instead he made it better.

Very nice, I was driving thru a parking lot one time and saw a red '66 Fairlane XL with Magnum 500's for sale and had to have it. I ran home and called right away and was driving it later that day. "66 Fairlanes were always one of my favorite Fords and they look even better in red. It was a great car with a 289 but I always wanted to put a 390 in it, Ended up selling it due to too many cars/no storage, I'm sorry I did. Saw it a few years later at a show with an FE motor and no more bench seat, I was afraid the kid was going to cut it up or wreck it, Instead he made it better.

This one is a true 390 GT car, the motor in it now is a 428 PI that's all built up Hot, @ 10.5 to 1 compresion. I built it just so I could pull the 427 stroked to 470ci, 3 duce setup out to work on. But that was when race fule was cheapper as the 427 had 11.0 to 1 compresion Iron Heads. so I ran 110 octane on the street.

I had some nice cars that were fast in car terms, 1968 Pontiac Firebird 400 Ram Air III, 1986 Mercury Capri 5.0 (with the big glass hatch, remember these) with many handling and power mods, 1986 Honda CRX-SI with help from HKS/Mugen/Tokico etc. When I bought a leftover 1988 Honda Hurricane 1000, cars got boring. I ride Suzuki's now including GSXR-1000's and my favorite "freak" is my TL1000S "Streetfighter" with a lowly 120HP but only weighs just a tad over 400lbs (20hp more than my current car). Been tempted by a few new cars (Fiesta ST, to take the place of the old CRX, 2008-10 Pontiac GTO or G8 sedan) but like not having a car payment. Allows me for the Audio Addiction that is just second of my Motorcycle Addiction..

I had some nice cars that were fast in car terms, 1968 Pontiac Firebird 400 Ram Air III

I had one of those too. It had a factory 2:56 rear end ratio, and with your foot on the floor it shifted into high gear at 105 MPH. It had a 160 MPH Speedometer. The next owner said he topped 150, I never had the balls to air it out all the way.

Back in the day...I rebuilt a 66 Sunbeam Tiger...one of the quickest, tightest cars I have ever owned. Bought the wife an 2001 Lincoln LS with the V-8....I buried the speedo on that thing many a time and still had room to go.

Back in the day...I rebuilt a 66 Sunbeam Tiger...one of the quickest, tightest cars I have ever owned. Bought the wife an 2001 Lincoln LS with the V-8....I buried the speedo on that thing many a time and still had room to go.

My pappy said son you gunna drive me to drinkin' if you don't stop drivin' that hot rod Lincoln.

1970 Oldsmobile Hurst-442, 455, dual 4-barrel carbs, ram-air hood, 4-speed w/Hurst linkage, blueprinted and balanced at Motion Speed on Long Island.

She "went down the street", to say the least.

Nice car, but it didn't exist. There was no Hurst/Olds in 1970. And there never was a Hurst-442 in any year. Maybe yours was a '69 H/O?

My ONLY fast car.....during my mid-50's. All that wind pounding my left ear during many road trips my wife was NOT good for my hearing:yes:

BUT I'm glad I got it out of my system. :D:D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 30
My ONLY fast car.....during my mid-50's. All that wind pounding my left ear during many road trips my wife was NOT good for my hearing:yes:

BUT I'm glad I got it out of my system. :D:D

Nice. Just picked up my second BMW after straying to the Audi side for a bit. I'm having a blast with it. 2011 with only 16k...

attachment.php

Attachments

• 328xi_01.jpg
    328xi_01.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 144
... Present fastest is my Jaguar X-Type, but ownership is so new that I'm not quite sure yet how fast it is. I do know that it really eats up the highway miles...
I've had mine up past 130 and it was still pulling.

attachment.php

Prior to that, a '2004 S500

attachment.php

Previously, my '95 Volvo 850 R-Spec Turbo was also very quick.

attachment.php

Dave

Attachments

• CIMG2162_2048.jpg
    CIMG2162_2048.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 227
  • 05_2048.jpg
    05_2048.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 02_2048.jpg
    02_2048.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 131