Cartridge advice again

GP Hill

I had made up my mind on a Denon Dl 301 mk2 cartridge for my td 124 with a new sme m2-9 tonearm, however I'm having second thoughts because no one seems to have one in stock and they are not listed on the Denon website anymore. I looked at the dl 304 but it is such low output I don't know if my phono box s would work with it. Now I'm thinking about the Dynavector 10x5. Any thoughts?

If you like Rock & Roll, the Dynavector 10X5 really boogies! Read that it's really good with all kinds of music genres. Can't go wrong with the 10X5!

OneCall in Spokane is an authorized dealer and he has them listed on the auction site. I have bought HT gear from them several times over the years.

I had made up my mind on a Denon Dl 301 mk2 cartridge for my td 124 with a new sme m2-9 tonearm, however I'm having second thoughts because no one seems to have one in stock and they are not listed on the Denon website anymore. I looked at the dl 304 but it is such low output I don't know if my phono box s would work with it. Now I'm thinking about the Dynavector 10x5. Any thoughts?

Well not to beat a dead horse but......whap whap whap whap!!

2Juki on his Ebay store lists the Denon DL 301 MK II for $299.99 and he is a reputable seller. He also lists the 304 MK II for $439.99. I would contact Project or Sumiko the Project importer and see if your phono stage is capable of driving the 304MK II....if its really a cartridge you would consider.

But I have never heard a person say an unkind word about 2Juki and the Ebay/Paypal protections is pretty darn solid for you.

Just an option. The 301 MKII can be had.

Regards
Mister Pig

OneCall in Spokane is an authorized dealer and he has them listed on the auction site. I have bought HT gear from them several times over the years.

Ordered a brand new 301 from One Call. Great deal. anyone looking for a Denon cartridge should give them a call.

You'll really like the DL-301 MKII! Mine needs a retip. :tears: I had my VTF set at 1.3 grams, when I was using my DL-301 MKII. Seems most have it loaded at 300-400 ohms. I have a Cambridge 640P phono preamp that has the standard 100 ohm input. The high frequencies were rolled off it seemed. Some say 300-1K ohms would be the correct range. Your going to be surprised at how quiet it sounds on used records!

You'll really like the DL-301 MKII! Mine needs a retip. :tears: I had my VTF set at 1.3 grams, when I was using my DL-301 MKII. Seems most have it loaded at 300-400 ohms. I have a Cambridge 640P phono preamp that has the standard 100 ohm input. The high frequencies were rolled off it seemed. Some say 300-1K ohms would be the correct range. Your going to be surprised at how quiet it sounds on used records!

With my Pro Ject phono box s it has to be 100 or 1000 ohms. Research I've done on here says more than 500 up to 1000. I really wish I had a phono stage where I could play with the loading. Someplace to spend more money!

Ordered a brand new 301 from One Call. Great deal. anyone looking for a Denon cartridge should give them a call.

Spokane is about 2.5 hours from me. I can go pick up your cartridge....mount it on my table and tell you how much you should like it!!!

Regards
Mister Pig

With my Pro Ject phono box s it has to be 100 or 1000 ohms. Research I've done on here says more than 500 up to 1000. I really wish I had a phono stage where I could play with the loading. Someplace to spend more money!

At least you have two adjustments. Try it at both and see which one sounds the best. I don't have that luxury. :D. Yeah, there's always some other place to spend money, with this vinyl hobby.

I tried it from 300 ohms to 1kohm and settled on 500 ohm in my system at 60db. If you set your preamp at the 1 kohm setting you can get it to 500 ohms by using 500 ohm loading plugs.

Spokane is about 2.5 hours from me. I can go pick up your cartridge....mount it on my table and tell you how much you should like it!!!

Regards
Mister Pig

That's a good idea and then you can keep it for say 6 months till it's broken in real good and then rite before the stylus needs re tipped you can send it to him. :D

What a good Pig you are Mr Pig:D

Regards
Mister Pig

Thanks a lot but I think it's shipping tomorrow. Best deal I found on that cartridge was from them.

Thanks a lot but I think it's shipping tomorrow. Best deal I found on that cartridge was from them.

Fine be that way :D

Mister Pig wanders off looking for a tasty truffle.....thwarted once again on his plan to acquire a cheap Denon cartridge. Now perhaps i can set up an egg stand and siphon off a few extras from the chickens.....

Regards
Mister Pig

You'll love the 301 - punches beyond its price point!
And as has been stated - tracks very well and is forgiving on less then perfect records.

Enjoy!!

Listening impressions when you get a chance??

It may be a little while before I listen to this cartridge. I have some updates to do on my 124, however I don't think they will take long. Just have to get all the parts from four different folks.

Back
Top Bottom