A-700 with a bad power switch, worth fixing?

Raynald

Addicted Member
There is one locally, the seller says it says ON all the time and that the power switch needs cleaning. My guess is it is similar to the one AKer has with a bad switch for which he could not find a replacement.

Having had a CA-800/1000/1010 and A-1 and am curious to hear this one as many say it is at least as good as any Yamaha integrated. I am a bit worried about an amp that can very hot having been left on for a long time with a bad switch at one point. Is that a valid concern and has anyone found a replacement power switch for this one?

A-700 with a bad power switch

Hello

I don't understand what your problem is , can you post a closer picture ?

Sorry, I don't know anything about the switch.

But you can always turn the amp on/off via a power strip. When it's not running Class A it doesn't run very hot, it's like most any A/B amp of its power.

If you can get it cheap because of this switch issue, it seems like it would be worth it.

But you can always turn the amp on/off via a power strip. .

Agree - if you can get it for a good price, the on/off switch on the power block can be your friend. Or, you can just unplug it when not in use. If the price is RIGHt, it can be a steal. Just an option.

Probably more a dollars and sense question now, the $60 asking price seems OK but I am just a little hesitant in case at any point over the three decades it got left on in A mode and got cooked.

Probably more a dollars and sense question now, the $60 asking price seems OK but I am just a little hesitant in case at any point over the three decades it got left on in A mode and got cooked.

That's a concern.

But for a mere 60$, try it ... maybe bargain a little 10% on thy price
will get you a nice Yammie.

Then, i know you'll know, what NOT to do with it ... like... letting it stay on for an other decade or two !

Wish I was in Mtl... nice deals on Kij...

Back
Top Bottom