running yamaha as pre-amp, need help

gentlejax

I want to use my yamaha rx-v2095 as preamp to my sony ES 5 channel amp.

I got sound out but problem is when i turn "effects" off the sound goes off too.

I dont like the sound when playing music with all the effect bs. I just want the signal from the yamaha to the sony.

ive never used a outboard amp and there are lots of inputs/outputs on the back of this thing.

You may have hooked the "Front" out rather than the MAIN "Pre Out" to your amp for the main speakers. When you turn off the effects the Front which is only for the presence speakers will be turned off but the main Left and Right signal will still be coming through the Pre Out.

How do you have it hooked up?

Your right. I did have it wrong.

Next question. So you can run all of that at once ? Pre out mains and front rear etc etc

If you have a 5 channel outboard amp you should be able to run Main, Center and either Front Presence or Rear Surround. Whichever one you do not run to the Sony you can keep running out of the Yamaha which is great because then the whole power amp power supply section will just be used for that pair.

You can play around, send all the effect channels to the Sony, keep the Main on the Yamaha or any other combination.

Back
Top Bottom