CT-1010 question?

GP Hill

I have a 1010 tuner that only works at frequencies above 98.1. What's going on with this thing? It sounds good on higher frequencies but nothing below 98.1.

Hello

Normally FM band is 87.5 Mhz to 108.00 Mhz for Europe and USA
Japan is 76Mhz to 90Mhz

I don't see any reason why your tuner do not work under 98 Mhz :scratch2:

What do you read on the FM scale ? 87.5 to 108.00 ? :scratch2:

Just guessing, but that's an analog tuner so there isn't much that would cause sharp cutoff at a particular frequency. If the tuning cap had a bent plate or a piece of something conductive stuck in it, it might cut out at a certain point. There might be a problem with the oscillator (low gain transistor?) where it cuts out below a certain frequency. If a front end dual gate FET were blown, it might pass only the higher frequencies via its capacitance. I actually had that happen on a tuner. In that case I'd expect at least a bit of lower frequency stuff to come through, though not much. You need to get it on the service bench!

Here's something simple to check. If you haven't done so already, pop the cover off and check that when you turn the dial past 98.1 it is actually turning the tuner's variable capacitor. Maybe something funny is going on there.

Back
Top Bottom