Time to make my CR-2020 look a but more nicer

elektronror

The wood is scratched, dinged and discolored. The grill has small cracks in the paint and is also discolored. I think it is time this amplifier got a new look.

First obvious question. What veneer to choose? Unfortunately it is impossible to find something here in Sweden but the prices aren't high on Ebay.
I've got a color in mind but i have yet not found the right size (all to small) but i still got a lot of lists to go through.

The second is how to fix the grill. I need to get the old paint stripped first but how do i do that? Since the cracks are only on the outer edges i would assume sanding it with a fine paper would be a easy way. Any other ideas?

Then there's the question if i should remove the old veneer before i attach the new one. I would say yes but how do i then remove it?

For reference.

This fine specimen now houses a CR-2020 and resides in my man cave.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=134093
front1.jpg

in the link posted he says
ejfud volunteered to see what he could do with it. I dropped the case off with Gary about 3 weeks ago, along with some South American Rosewood veneer..

Beautiful work. I could stare at that receiver for days.

That case looks awesome! South American Rosewood, i wonder if i can find that too.

That link lifer70 posted has some good information. But i got one question, why does he use cement and not glue? Is there even a reason or did he just have it around? Does anybody know?

Wow. Yama-holy-crap. I'd rub that puppy with a diaper and stare at it for days as well.

Absolutely spectacular piece of furniture now, combined with some tremendous audio purity.

Again, a big specialidiot special thanks to ejfud for the incredibly beautiful job he did with the case. This is a receiver to keep forever.

Once again, I want to publicly thank specialidiot for the opportunity to own this beautiful piece. Thanks also to ejfud for the love and hard work he put into it.

Highly unlikely, but if I were to ever consider selling it, these two have first crack.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom