Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1000 B stock

hotrod351

i finally broke down and updated my old RX-V620 to the RX-A1000, but now found out its a b stock receiver. comes from yamaha. just wonder if that was a smart thing to do, being used and all. my old 620 has served me well and still sounds great, just wanted a little more power and ability to plug in a flash drive for my music. by the way i only paid $242.00 for it, i bought one and two others sold as well for the same price, was this a huge mistake, i can always send it back. or is this just a gamble, might last couple months or it might last forever.

I ended up with an Aventage A2010 as a floor model from Best Buy last year, and paid a bit more for it. However, yours had a list price of $1099 according to the Yamaha website. I think you did OK.

I really like my A2010. It does music and movies equally as good. Takes quite of tweaking to dial it in, but you'll have fun with yours. I wouldn't worry about B stock. I've bought units like that many times over the years and had nothing but good luck.

That was a steal, you did fine. I found a refurb RX-V773 for some friends, helped them set it up and I have no reservations about it.

With a refurb you should get a one year warranty which is usually long enough to find any bugs.

well thats good to hear. yeah ive been wanting a unit that would have a little more power but mainly have the usb input. all the other features will be fun to get going. it comes with the mic for setting it up but not sure how good that does, might be a good start. i know i messed with my old 620 for quite a while before i got it dialed into where i like it. kind of hate to start all over again but will have to be done. figured id plug in a flash drive and just connect the two front speakers, jamo 707is, to see how it sounds. i know the jamos are a bit much for it but they have sounded really good on my old 620 for over a year now. never have to turn it past -25, more than not -40

Based on my RX-A2010 I think you did fine....half tempted to look for one myself.

Lots of neat stuff to figure out with the networking capabilities and other gadgets. It should play FLAC files from the USB for a dirt simple but very high quality sound.

thats what i want. first time i saw a in dash player that said ipod connection and found out you could play a thumb drive usb in it, load 500 songs on it and whoaa what a sound, burned a cd and loaded the same songs on a usb, couldnt tell the difference in sound, plus took no time to load the songs on the flash drive. figured that the way of home stereos. besides my yv also plays them but has to be turned on. he had three and they are all sold, first time ebay seller but paypal, so if i dont get it he doesnt get the money. its happened before. some people think they can take the money and run, cant. they dont get the money until the buyer leaves positive feedback or 21 days. find out what happens. good note is that it was $242.00 or best offer and he did turn down two offers, so sound legit. but donprice you have a 2010, not 100% sure but isnt that a newer model, more features and power.

thats the thumb drives i have. use them in my truck stereo. well the seller that i bought the 1000 from hasnt responded to my emails about tracking numbers, she also sold two others. found out they just opened a account on the 15 of this month and this is her first transaction. she does have a paypal account so im covered on the money.seemed to good to be true, $242.00, when the closet price on there is $599.00 and thats also b or c stock, in fact she is using the exact same picture and has the same wording in the description. think ill look at a yamaha that puts out more. now im determined to get one, even if i have to get a new one on amazon.

well im think im going with the Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3020. much more power and features. this seller is a joke. guess she thought he would sell these yamahas for cheap and be able to pull the money out of her paypal account and take off. anyway its a much older model and the 3020 has much more power plus airplay. and a full 2 year warranty. cash for the 1000 verses credit card for the 3020. but i have to worries with the 3020.

They seem to change from xx10 to xx20 to xx30 each year so a 3020 isn't much newer than the 100number or 3000. The 3020 is a beast.

crutchfield has a sale on the 1020 for $700.00, also found a 3000 for $700,00 used. 1020 new, three year warranty, 3000 used but little more power, decisions decisions. part of me says id be nuts not to buy the new one, les power but NEW and WARRANTY.

Back
Top Bottom