The Audiokarma gods are looking in my direction

thomo57

I am a carpet and upholstery cleaner and get to see a lot of houses and their systems.
Today at a ladies place I commented on the huge speakers she had in the lounge.
She said to me " you can have them when we move, we are buying a smaller 2 bedroom unit and they won't fit"
You can have that as well pointing to the Denon surround sound amp and subwoofer
The speakers are JBL SVA 2100.:smoke:
There was another smaller set of speakers there as well but by this time my mind had glazed over.:yes:

They seem to get an excellent review:thmbsp:
Let's hope the gods don't forget:thmbsp:

Hope you snagged them before the husband finds out. :D

-Jim

I don't know if she has a husband but that did cross my mind.
But she sounded very genuine in her offer and the conversations we had whilst I was there indicate that.
She got my number from a friend of hers who recommended me.
She is Thai and Buddhist and I've only just returned from a trip to Bangkok and I bought a large Buddah whilst I was there
We struck a few chords in different areas.

Congratulations. Those JBL look surprisingly like my Klipsch CF3s. The have the same driver compliment and configuration. I too have heard good things about the JBLs. If they sound anything like my CF3s you will be very happy. :thmbsp:

cubdog

Awesome under appreciated JBL's. Good luck with them. I for one am looking forward to pics and hopefully for some of that AudioKarma to find it's way to me. :)

I clean carpet as well, but 95% of the time I do rental properties that have no furnishings. You and I both know how much less work is involved when the house is bare. :yes:

So far the only vintage gear I've come across was a Sansui 771 receiver. It had a big piece of notebook paper taped to it..."DO NOT TURN ON..NOT WORKING PROPERLY" I thought it was not very smart to leave that receiver plugged in, hooked up to speakers, and easily reached by kids if it had issues.

It might be a good idea to remind the kind woman of her offer every now and again.

Fred posted the picture(which you should have thomo).

HOLY SHIT.

Find out if there is a husband. If you get his OK. Go for it.

Last edited:
I am a carpet and upholstery cleaner and get to see a lot of houses and their systems...

While I am not in need of miraculous audio equipment acquisition, I might have other supplications. Can you send me the identities of the Audiokarma g-ds? :smoke:

JBL SVA 2100 Specs:

Frequency Response
40Hz – 18kHz (+/- 2dB)
30Hz – 20kHz (+/- 6dB)
Sensitivity
93dB @ 2.83 volts/1 meter
Recommended Maximum Amplifier Power
300 watts
Impedance
8 ohms nominal
Crossover Frequency
1200Hz
Dimensions (HxWxD)
43 x 14-1/2 x 20-1/4
Weight
95lbs

SUNDAY BEACHES!!! These are H-U-G-E! 95 pounds each!! My back hurts just thinking about it.

I clean carpet as well, but 95% of the time I do rental properties that have no furnishings. You and I both know how much less work is involved when the house is bare. :yes:

So far the only vintage gear I've come across was a Sansui 771 receiver. It had a big piece of notebook paper taped to it..."DO NOT TURN ON..NOT WORKING PROPERLY" I thought it was not very smart to leave that receiver plugged in, hooked up to speakers, and easily reached by kids if it had issues.

It might be a good idea to remind the kind woman of her offer every now and again.

I will give her a call and offer her a free carpet clean when she sells the house.:thmbsp:

I've come across some nice gear in the same way over the years.JBL Lancer 99's, EPI 202's, a like new Dual 501 that hadn't even had the shipping screw removed. All great stuff.

However, that is one heck of a find. Those should be very nice. I would do something very nice for them. :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom