Yamaha ADVANTAGE RX-A1020 / usb thumbdrive

hotrod351

ok im still trying to find out if a mini thumbdrive usb will let me close the front door on the yamaha 1020. i know they make two different models of the thumb drives, one actually looks shorter than the other but had to tell. does anyone here have a ADVANTAGE series yamaha and if so do they have a mini thumbdrive installed in the front usb port.

yeah the SanDisk is what ive looked at. how close to closing fully does yours do with the one that you have in it now.

figure yamaha was thinking that most people would be using it with there ipod oor other device that would have a cable. they didnt think of some one plugging in a mini flash drive for music. next improvement would be a receiver with a build in HD, or some other internal storage, so you could download all your music into it.

looks like the one you have, and myself, are 1 inch long and the micro one is little over 3/4 of a inch. so if your front door closes almost all the way then the 3/4" one should work, but if your door only closes 1/2 way then it more than likely wont work. guess ill have to wait until i get my receiver and see what it does. to bad the front door didnt come off.

Pulled out a depth scale...6 mm clearance required the RCA jacks...and my "small" USB thumb drive sticks out 12 mm (regular size is more like 40-50 mm). It doesn't come close to closing because the USB port is near the bottom where the door is hinged. For visual reference, the part of the USB drive that fits into the socket is about 11 mm so you are looking for total length of about 17 mm or about 11/16". Let me know if you find one that fits.

Yes, a second and third USB port on the rear of the unit would be nice. USB memory is dirt cheap....64 GB for the cost of 2-3 CDs.

Don't forget the networking option if you happen to be able plug in a network cable. I use a 7" Samsung Galaxy tablet for control via the wireless router and have the MP3/FLAC files on a PC (or tablet) and networked server....door can remain closed :yes:

So many toys...so little time :D

thats another way, airplay. this is the shortest one ive found, suppose to be overall length of 0.8 inches. so if the original short ones are 1" this is little over 3/4". almost have to have a old usb drive and start cutting it down until the door closes to see what size is needed. or a piece of foil paper would work.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-19 at 6.30.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-19 at 6.30.36 PM.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 4
found this one too.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 2.30.33 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 2.30.33 AM.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 2.30.43 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 2.30.43 AM.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 4
A little follow up....the SanDisk Cruzer Fit 64GB USB 2.0 Low-Profile Flash Drive- SDCZ33-064G-B35 (linked in post # 2) does allow the front panel/door to close.

you have tried it then on the RX-A1020

RX-A2010 actually. The flip-down panel area looks the same as the 1020. It recognizes the 64gb drive and plays the FLAC and MP3 files no problem. Have not tried other formats.

your right. thanks donprice, i had only tried the little one they sell next to the car stereos and it stuck out to far. now i know which one will work.

Back
Top Bottom