happy with yamaha

boza

It wasnt until my wife pointed out that apart from upgrading my mains cables over the last few weaks i havent done nothing to my system for the last year an half since i bourt my yamaha as500 amplifier.
Its the only time ive been realy happy with my hifi for a long time.
Great bit of kit that has all i need and sounds great and looks great to.
First bit of kit ive been able to fit and forget and just enjoy

Been listning to five leafs left ny nick drake today my missions seem to realy like the way my my yam just makes them do as they told. Ive had a good feiw amps in my system and none have had the grip of my as500 the more i listen to diferent tipes of music from pink floyd to nicklback the more i enjoy it. At last an amp that gives me all i want no wonder you all love yamaha so much. Proper bit of kit for people who just eant to enjoy there music :) proper kit for people who just want to enjoy ther music

Last edited:
Yamaha makes great stuff, I love em that why I'm slowly changing all my gear to Yamaha

Yamaha A-500, T-1, 2 K-960, 2 CD-2, GE-5, DT-60, C-45, P2050, T-500
Denon DCD-1290, DRA-350
Technics SL-1200M3D
Nak DR-3
Rotel RD-965BX
Apple iPod Classic 160gig w dock
Klipsch Image 1 headphones
Kef C40
4 EV FR12-2

Of all the equipment I have owned,
Yamaha has given me the most consistent and enjoyable service.
I've bought and sold much,
but not sold a single piece of Yamaha gear.
(save a 4 wheeler ATV!)
I did regret that.
Kinda.

Just started another buying spree to build a dedicated surround system around a DSP-1 recently acquired.

great stuff.

Yamaha makes great stuff, I love em that why I'm slowly changing all my gear to Yamaha

Yamaha A-500, T-1, 2 K-960, 2 CD-2, GE-5, DT-60, C-45, P2050, T-500
Denon DCD-1290, DRA-350
Technics SL-1200M3D
Nak DR-3
Rotel RD-965BX
Apple iPod Classic 160gig w dock
Klipsch Image 1 headphones
Kef C40
4 EV FR12-2

I think i will be doing the same every bit of kit ive bort new Exept my yam has had a problem of some sort so i think i will stick with yamaha :)

I think i will be doing the same every bit of kit ive bort new Exept my yam has had a problem of some sort so i think i will stick with yamaha :)

Do it!!!! U wont regret it, I've got 3 systems n 2 are all Yamaha minus speakers n turntable, my bedroom system wich is Denon reciver n CD player plus nak tape deck needs more upkeep n dosnt sound as nice as my living room or garage systems do.

Ive been looking at the cds700 but dont know if it would be a good replacement for my arcam cd73 ive had it for 12 years now and only had to have it mended once when i first got it . Touch wood . But it looks like a realy nice player and it has a usb port on the front panel which would be handy

I've got a cd-s300 which I find to be very nice sounding. I especially like the the USB input for use with my ipod:yes: I would imagine the 700 would work well for you:thmbsp:

Yeah! A Yamaha amp can put a serious grin on your face. The last 31 years I've only used 2 amps. First a C-50/M-50 combo and since '98 my current AX-1090. Lately I've been dreaming of finding a M-50 and a M-70 and bi-amping my speakers. Prices on them don't seem to be as crazy as some of the later stuff.

Cheers,
James

I've got a cd-s300 which I find to be very nice sounding. I especially like the the USB input for use with my ipod:yes: I would imagine the 700 would work well for you:thmbsp:

I think i shall try an get a listne there a lovely looking bit of kit for sure
and i to find myself with a big grin on my face more now i have this amp :)

I got to have a listne to the cds700 semt to be slow at the side of my arcam nice sound but a little bit off on pace so i think the money will be better spent elswere pitty lovely looking player

Recently bought some new interconnects for my CD player
Really made my yam sing loads of realism and control never thought my old missions would sound so nice :)

Of all the gear I've had come through here, Yamaha has been the most reliable, and at the end of the day the best sounding. I had a friend who went through all kinds of other brands and different gear until he came full circle and realized the more expensive and heavily marketed audiophile kit was very distorted. They sound interesting for a while and very impressive at first, but Yamaha's understanding of controlled distortion and high clarity is what I think holds the discerning listener.

Of all the gear I've had come through here, Yamaha has been the most reliable, and at the end of the day the best sounding. I had a friend who went through all kinds of other brands and different gear until he came full circle and realized the more expensive and heavily marketed audiophile kit was very distorted. They sound interesting for a while and very impressive at first, but Yamaha's understanding of controlled distortion and high clarity is what I think holds the discerning listener.

I agree yamaha seem to have found a nice sound that makes allsorts of music sound right not be picky an just play a little bit of this but that music isnt my bag SORRY :)

you appear to be embracing the yamaha motto, which is:

kando (ka un doo) - the emotionally exciting feeling of something that excels in quality and performance.

having owned 2 motorcycles (xs-650), a guitar (fg-140) and a receiver (r-s201), i know the feeling well.

i always smile when i pass by their corporate headquarters in hamamatsu, japan.

you appear to be embracing the yamaha motto, which is:

kando (ka un doo) - the emotionally exciting feeling of something that excels in quality and performance.

having owned 2 motorcycles (xs-650), a guitar (fg-140) and a receiver (r-s201), i know the feeling well.

i always smile when i pass by their corporate headquarters in hamamatsu, japan.

Have you heard anything about a new direct drive turn table? :scratch2:

This thread will get no argument from me!

Love my Yamaha gear!

The longer i live withe my amp the more i realise how much i enjoy the sound it makes .
Ive been looking on ebay at there turntables they make some lovely bits of kit but i need to finish re ferbing my speakers first. I think if i can hold off long en:music:ough lol

Back
Top Bottom