CR 620 Odd Behavior

Klappco

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Getting strange output from my unit for a couple of months now. Can't figure it out. Will likely try a cleaning tomorrow as I last did that back in January.

Getting only one channel output when in stereo mode much of the time. When mono both speakers put out equal sound. The odd part is when I use different inputs the side that works sometimes swaps. I know the leads are consistently hooked up. Does this on Phono input, aux and tape inputs with CDs, DAC, or with a separate phono preamp. Odd part is hat when I run the leads to a different input it will work in stereo (both channels) for a minute to several days before dropping a channel.

Any ideas beyond cleaning it out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1. Try cleaning the Input Select Switch again. I disassemble these switches for a 100% oxidation removal.(be aware there are 4 or 6 small copper sliders that bent real easily inside that switch.)
2. Your protect relay may have pitted contacts. One way to check the relay. When the offending channel cuts out at normal listening level. Very, very quickly.Crank the volume control to the 2-3 o'clock position, then back to the normal lisening level. If the missing channel starts working again - its a real good chance the relay needs to be replaced.
3. A cold solder connection is also another possibility.

Last edited:
Thanks. I have now tried 1 with some success. Phono works great now, as does tape 1 input. Aux and tape two are still weird. Will check on 2&3 next.

Back
Top Bottom