Good vintage repair in Maryland, D.C. area?

dualhead

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hey gang, I've got a Sansui QRX 7500 that needs restoration. Does anybody know of a good shop/AK member in my area?

Rob Merrylander generally specializes in all things Yamaha, but I suppose you should ask him.

Do a search as there have been local recommendations discussed in the past.

Thanks

I tried Merrylander and he is overloaded right now. I'll try a search again. Didn't find much the first time. Thanks for the replies.

Sound Images in Falls Church.

I spoke to an employee who said they no longer do repair for Sansui vintage stuff. Hell of a nice guy. Made me think a second about my vintage stuff. The list keeps getting shorter.

Avoid the place by the Vienna metro that, if pronounced incorrectly, would sound like "Dumb Ass." They made a me a fine vintage Sony doorstop for $80.00.

AKer ashnut now has the wooden case.

Good luck.

I've heard there's an elderly gentleman in Kensington who still has his old-fashioned "radio and TV repair" shop open. I know nothing about the quality of his work or turnaround time. I think it's called "Kensington Radio," 301-942-4000; 10309 Kensington Parkway. Please post a review here if you use him.

I'll try Kensington.

Thanks for the replies. I'll look at that place in Kensington, I've also heard of that guy. The place in Springfield looks pricey. I'll try to get a quote form em to see what exactly I'm looking at. Thanks, again.

Back
Top Bottom