N.E. Winter Doldrums Fest

It's what is now referred to as an "Rotring 600 Old Style Knurled Grip Black Ballpoint Pen"

http://www.montgomerypens.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=2670

Unfortunately it appears they don't make the exact model in silver finish, just black.

This one is a newer model:

http://www.montgomerypens.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=95

You might find a silver one if you hunt for awhile.

Hahaha... I love eBay sometimes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320481432504

Once I sell the others I will have gotten a free 600. Thanks again--seeing yours made me realize they're like a pen version of a Curta calculator.

mhardy6647,

I'm glad you're enjoying it. How does the SACD compare to the vinyl of those pieces that came with the player? I'll hold my impressions until after you respond.

Newbury comix has some SACDs still. I bought Michael Brecker's Pilgrimage and a Mel Torme/George Shearing one just last weekend. Steep discounts too because people don't bother to read that a hybrid SACD will still play in a redbook player. Typically they're in the jazz, classical, bluegrass, country and occasionally folk sections. Some rock was also issued in SACD. It makes sense to search Acoustic Sounds and then look for the titles locally. If you don't find them, there's always Acoustic Sounds or Music Direct.
audiodon

mhardy6647,

I'm glad you're enjoying it. How does the SACD compare to the vinyl of those pieces that came with the player? I'll hold my impressions until after you respond.

Newbury comix has some SACDs still. I bought Michael Brecker's Pilgrimage and a Mel Torme/George Shearing one just last weekend. Steep discounts too because people don't bother to read that a hybrid SACD will still play in a redbook player. Typically they're in the jazz, classical, bluegrass, country and occasionally folk sections. Some rock was also issued in SACD. It makes sense to search Acoustic Sounds and then look for the titles locally. If you don't find them, there's always Acoustic Sounds or Music Direct.
audiodon

Hey Don:

Check your PM/email -- when do you want to come by and pick up Ms. Ronstadt? :D

Well its been almost 3 months since the last get together and i for one am jonesing for another one:music:.
Anybody else itching for some more good music, good food, good people,cool gear yet?
Anyone thinking about hosting an event soon?, i wonder if my wife would mind a gathering at my place:scratch2:.
I need an excuse to wear my cool new AUDIOKARMA Name plate i got at the last great get together at Franks place.

Yes indeed John I'm jonesing for another get together. Those get togethers are more good clean fun than a guy should be allowed to have. I haven't got anywhere near the amount of space needed to host one but I'm all ears for someone that does.

I could do with another as well, taxes are done, spring cleanup is coming along, garden started etc.. Give me the weekend to sort it out with the wife and I'll post a new thread Sunday evening. Any preferences as to shop or house?

Frank C.

I'd vote for the shop. Not that the house isn't cool and has some good places to hide bodies out in the woods, but you don't have any Emmert vises out that way.

I'd go for the shop given my druthers. It has a better electrical service and we can laser etch stuff.
:banana:
JimB

Next one of these things I go to, I'm bringing my RTA-11t's and a Bryston amp for demo purposes. I want to spread the Polk love but the 1.2TL's are a little hard to get down the stairs.

OK, then maybe I'll bring my Monitor 7b's for the low cost comparison.

Back
Top Bottom