Kansas City Spring Get Together

jaymanaa

RIP 1961-2018
I thought I'd start this thread plenty early so that more people will see it, and maybe attend. This will be the third KC get together and is slated for March 15 2008. The date is flexible if someone has a conflicting schedule, but hopefully planning early will help. As allways, we'll have some fine KC BBQ, swap table, workbench space, beverages, and lots-o-tunes. If anyone needs additional info, just ask here or PM me. I hope we get another good turnout of fine AK folks, and maybe even a few more (come on outa towners, gas ain't that bad :D). Take Care, Jay

I'm having to work every other Saturday now and as it works out that would be my working day but I'll see what I can do. So pencil me in as well.

Maybe the third time will be the charm? I work every other Saturday also. But with this much notice I will put in for a vacation day! Count me in. Heck I probably live the closest to you!

See ya there...always look forward to getting muddy paw-prints on my shirt.:pawprint::pawprint::pawprint::pawprint:

See ya there...always look forward to getting muddy paw-prints on my shirt.:pawprint::pawprint::pawprint::pawprint:

Hey, that makes 11, 000 posts Glenn.:banana: I know Jessie will be looking forward to seeing you again.

Jessie is my big "protector" half German Shepard half lab female that tips the scale at 120+lbs. She is very untrusting of people in general and even makes the Missus and me keep out of "Her" space. Seems she likes Glenn though, because she allways curls up right next to the rocking chair he sits in and lets him pet her while were talking and listening to tunes. This of course made Glenn a great guy and allways welcome, as far as my wife is concerned. She beleives that dogs have a "sense" about good or bad folks, and I do too. :yes:

Count me in Jay, I have some "junk" that belongs to you. lol

Trade table ? Excellent, anyone have a step up transformer for moving coil cartridge ? I'll bring plenty of trading material this time.

pencil me in

Hey Jay, aside from that old warning "beware the ides of March," (your wife knows which play I'm quoting from), I'd love to come over again for the tunes and the electronic marvels in your high fidelity haven. It seems like your dogs tolerate me (Glenn plays outside with them, of course they love that) so I guess you may also. Please pencil me in. :yes: This time, I'll bring along some of that energy drink you are fond of.

Happy Holidays! Doug

I'd love to have a big, sloppy mutt...just not enough running room around here for one.

Spring :scratch2:

Best I can do is a maybe Jay... Once the weather warms up my work schedule goes apeshit and I have no clue at this point what that schedule will be.

But I'd give Glenns left one to be able to make it and hangout and listen to your tube setup :D

I'm new here...well, kinda, sorta...but I'd love to come. I have some gear which needs a good home, including an MC prepreamp, Arcam & Cyrus amps, Yamaha & Luxman receivers, etc. They all need a little help at the shop, but I don't need them, and they will be FREE. Now that should boost attendance! :yes:

Will we be notified of time and place by PM or e-mail?

Galen

Hello. New to this site and the HiFi hobby as well. Stumbled on to this thread, and I only live about 30 minutes from KC. You can put me down, although I only have a Marantz 2270, Yamaha rxv2400, Klipsch rb-81 speakers, and a bunch of cheap junk I bought when I was in college. So, I probably won't be the star of the swap table. Look forward to learning from you guys though. Thanks,
Matt

Looks like we're getting a good group together. This might be a good get-together to talk about a Midwest audio club (like the one the Detroit guys have).

I can't believe I actually saw this thread before the event actually happened. I would like to be there if you'll have me.

I'm looking around and I could bring speakers, receivers, amps maybe tube gear.....all for the swap table. Of course some of it I would not bring unless there were prior intrest due to size and weight. :D

Would like to attend this fest I have to work Sat. evenings and checked somebody on my crew already has the night off. I'm going to try to get it off also sometimes they let two people off per crew. I saw thread on last fest looked like a fun time looking forward to meeting everybody.

Back
Top Bottom