Couple Yamaha CR-2020 Questions...

HyKlas

Hey all, first time over to this neck of the woods I think. First time vintage Yammie receiver owner and proud new recipient of a CR-2020. Nothing like starting at the top (well, close enough for my wallet).

Couple questions.. The loudness knob seems to attenuate the whole signal, but mostly treble and mids, the further counter clockwise I turn it. Is this normal? Very unlike any other loudness knob I've dealt with.

Secondly... When I play FM and have the meters set to SP Out, the Signal meter moves when I touch the tuning dial to show the signal strength. Is this also correct?

Thanks in advance all. Looking forward to trying my various speakers out to see which ones will make up the new bedroom system. Liking this receiver very much so far.

When I play FM and have the meters set to SP Out, the Signal meter moves when I touch the tuning dial to show the signal strength. Is this also correct?

Working like it should. Tuning Knob is touch sensitive.

As far as the loudness goes, the Yamaha says "flat" turned all the way up. My guess is the loudness is working like a variable defeat function in reverse. I may be way off base, hopefully you will get a response from someone who can explain it better.

Liking this quite a bit. Paired it with some ADS L500 first, great sound. Next up was the Polk Monitor 7, I personally haven't found a system I like these in. Lastly, the ADS L880 went up to bat... Yup, perfect. Once the refoam is done on the Advent 4002, they'll be up to bat next.

Hey all, first time over to this neck of the woods I think. First time vintage Yammie receiver owner and proud new recipient of a CR-2020. Nothing like starting at the top (well, close enough for my wallet).

Couple questions.. The loudness knob seems to attenuate the whole signal, but mostly treble and mids, the further counter clockwise I turn it. Is this normal? Very unlike any other loudness knob I've dealt with.

Secondly... When I play FM and have the meters set to SP Out, the Signal meter moves when I touch the tuning dial to show the signal strength. Is this also correct?

Thanks in advance all. Looking forward to trying my various speakers out to see which ones will make up the new bedroom system. Liking this receiver very much so far.

You can get owners and service manuals here...http://www.hifiengine.com/library/yamaha/cr-2020.shtml

service bulletin work done on it yet? if not... need to get it completed asap. the sooner it's done, the less permanent damage to the cap board.

service bulletin work done on it yet? if not... need to get it completed asap. the sooner it's done, the less permanent damage to the cap board.

Only 33 years over due. I would think if there was any damage to occure. It has already ran its course. .. But better late than never.
OP you can find the SB's listed in the AK data base.Under CR2020 service bulletins.

Back
Top Bottom