Yamaha NS-200M

skarma

hi,
anybody had any experiences with these? i mean, are they worth owning? my level would be klipsch 5.5. does the sound quality of these yamaha compares? i'm quite happy with my setup, i'm just looking for more/different. let me know. thanks!

Most definitely worth owning. I have a pair of 500m's and 70t's and both sound awesome. I've even compared the two and they are very close; the 70t's being a bit warmer. The 200m's would likely be a cross between the 500m and 70t. I've seen a comparison between a 200m and a 50t somewhere here; possibly balifly or flipper...one of those guys I think?
I think you'd really enjoy them though if you do get them:yes:

I own a pair and I like them a lot but they aren't in the same league as the much admired NS1000. I've been known to show too much enthusiasm for them. All the Yamaha NS speakers from NS200 and up have very detailed and wonderful sound better then the Klipsch in my limited and humble opinion.

I have two caveats you need to consider.

They are bookshelf speakers but not bookshelf by modern standards. So placement and speaker stands are a challenge. I would love to use them on my computer desk top system but they just will not fit. They are heavy and finding good speaker stands will be a challenge.

I notice you have Klipsch which are easy to drive, the NS speakers love Yamaha amps with Yamaha juice. So if you are using a lightweight amp you might be disappointed. But the are nice speakers never the less.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom