Yamaha Electronics Repairs!!! in the Toronto area

analoghifi

To All my Fellow Yamaha Owners in Toronto and the G.T.A that need servicing of your amps, equalizers, Decks, CD players, tuners etc, check out J.E.T Electronics in Mississauga. 1425 Dundas St. East.

When Yamaha turned me away to get my MX-800 amp fixed I was very dissapointed that it couldnt get fixed. I had talked to a few Electronic repair shops and they all had relied on getting parts from yamaha! But I remembered Jet electronics that i used to go to back in the day to fix my Car amps. Sure enough he was still around and still very busy. He opened it up and knew exactly what to do! I asked him about getting parts from Yamaha, and he gave me the run down on the parts aspect.

I was noticing the other day that Yamaha has discontinued alot of the Parts and Components from many of their Amplifiers of the past. IC's , Transformers, voltage Regulators, capacitors under Yamaha's "official" part number have been discontinued. But the parts themselves are actually still available under the parent manufacturing company and still manufacture today.
Yamaha does not sell them anymore because those parts that are considered to be discontinued are basically rebadged Yamaha parts that are out of Stock indefinitely. so for example, in my case Toshiba originally made IC Chips for many High End amplifiers, but Yamaha would rebadge the IC chip and yamaha customers would have to rely on buying the rebadged IC chip. so if Yamaha says its discontinued, you would think that your amp has become useless. Alot of repair shops rely on the manufacturing company for their "OEM" Parts, but Jerry at J.E.T knows his stuff man, he identified every diode, IC and Cap as told me who originally manufactured the part. He even had the parts in stock. He showed me a rebadged Yamaha IC chip which was originally made by Toshiba.
So don't act to quick to throw your precious amp out, you're amp will live on through Jerry at JET. I got mine back and it works beautifully, and stays cool.

thought i'd share that with you guys

take care

Last edited:
YAMAHA electronic repairs and obsolete components

YES
I know that since a long long time !
See my picture as example !

:thmbsp:

Attachments

• IG049200-LE1025.jpg
    IG049200-LE1025.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 30
Good to know, thanks.

Is it just Yamaha or any vintage amp.

There is also a shop on Lakeshore east of Hurontario. Haven't ever had a chance to use his services myself but have always seen him repairing good vintage equipment.

YES
I know that since a long long time !
See my picture as example !

:thmbsp:

Good to know, thanks.

Is it just Yamaha or any vintage amp.

There is also a shop on Lakeshore east of Hurontario. Haven't ever had a chance to use his services myself but have always seen him repairing good vintage equipment.

Nice Pic Clinic!
D2E Yeah he Does all kinds of Amps, Decks, Reel to Reels, Cd players, even ipod's and Samsung Galaxy's LOL! I'm quite impressed of his work! He was working on a Sansui and a Technics Amp when i stopped by the other day!
I'll be going back to him for other repairs in the future, alot of these guys are becoming rare!

Back
Top Bottom