Need some advices for recaping my Yamaha PC-2002m

frisouille

French menber
Hello everybody,
My new two pc-2002m are tired, so i decided to recaping them.
I begin with some test with the sm: the curent voltage are good for 25 yrears s old amp, around 79.8v-78.8v.
The idling curnet are vey low with 3.5 and 4.6 mv. The idling rise with the temperature of the amp but stay near 12.5mv after one hour.And the dc offset is good for each channel(about 5-6mv)
When i testing, i saw some brown glue with corrosive near dioded D106 on PDA board. So, i decided to begin to recap and clean every parts,. My question is, which capacitor can i choose for each board,
I see four electrolytic caps for PDA and four for PDB 10uf/25v. (I didin't find the bipolar write in the sm). I'll begin with theses boards.
Thanks for your helps.

I did four of these amps. Everyone had the corrosive glue. The glue had destroyed at least one diode in each amp. Be sure to remove the glue and clean the leads before replacing the components. I did have to replace destroyed diodes. I replaced all of the electrolytic capacitors. Some are bipolar. I replaced the caps with the type/value that was on the boards originally. Three of the amps were original, one had previously been worked on.

These amps are easy to work on, good access.

Good luck.

I use acetone to remove this brown glue, is it a good idea?
Can you tell me where i can find the bipolar cap on pda-pdb board?It seem to be a 47uf 16v but i can't find it.
Which model of caps using for this?
Thanks.

Do you have the service manual? It will give you the values. If you need one I can email it to you. Just PM me with your email address. I used Nichicon and Panasonic for most of the caps and Elna Silimic for the signal path. I bought them from Mouser and Digikey.

Back
Top Bottom