Seeking Yamaha Tech (Northern CA)

Chris Brown

AK Subscriber
Subscriber

I got this P2200 last fall and have not been able to find a tech to service it yet.

The local tech that I've used several times is in Walnut Creek and the place is called Technopia. I had him fix minor issues with my C-80 twice and he did a great job both times. I took the P2200 in to him, but he ended up only charging me the estimate, and after about a month he called and told me there wasn't anything he could do with it. He did replace a few parts while he had it, and he included the replaced parts in a small plastic bag:

p2200parts.jpg

I don't really fault my existing tech for not being able to do more because he repairs more VCRs, DVD players, and TVs, than vintage gear.

What I would like is to find a tech somewhere here in Northern California (within ~100 miles of SF Bay Area) that is confident repairing vintage Yamaha gear. In the short term, I'd like to get this P2200 fixed. In the longer term, I have two P2201's and an M-2 that have all gone their whole lives without even basic maintenance and I'd like to have them in for that if not a whole recap within the next ~5 years. So if I can find a good tech, I have a lot of business to steer their way. :yes:

If there are no local techs and my only option is to ship it, I'm open to that, but would like to keep it as a last resort just due to how heavy these things are.

I have used L&M Electronics in Daly City for several vintage Yamaha repairs. Most have gone well. They have many of the original maintenance manuals in their files and seem very knowledgable on many vintage Yamaha pieces.

Champlifier in Alameda

Sheldon at champlifier did a great job restoring my B2.He is a true artist and takes great pride in his work.He advertises on the SF area craiglist all the time

Thanks everyone, including those who sent me PMs, you all have given me several leads and I look forward to following up on them :)

Yamaha N CA service tech

Please share if you find one and have a good experience. I am looking too to get a M70 reworked.

Back
Top Bottom