How to connect macbook pro (2010) to GF tube DAC?

Flatwounds

Hello everyone!

I am currently considering purchasing either the 09 or 11 tube DAC. My question is about output from the Macbook pro. As I understand it, the USB output does 24/192 while the optical does 24/96.

So how would I connect the laptop to the DAC to hear 24/192. I think the GF unit is 192 via optical in.

Any solutions?

Thanks!

Hello everyone!

I am currently considering purchasing either the 09 or 11 tube DAC. My question is about output from the Macbook pro. As I understand it, the USB output does 24/192 while the optical does 24/96.

So how would I connect the laptop to the DAC to hear 24/192. I think the GF unit is 192 via optical in.

Any solutions?

Thanks!

I just googled the DAC you mentioned and they have both optical & USB, so it would just be a matter of getting something like this .

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...T&cid=262075&lid=4742361&acd=1230980794501410

Hi Dswankey,

I don't believe the GF DAC is 24/192 via USB. It's is 96 via USB and 192 via optical. The Mac laptop is 24/192 via USB AND 24/96 via optical. I'm trying to figure out if there is a workaround for this.

Thanks for your reply and nice Phil avatar!

There's a ton of cable's out there that you could potentially use, alas I'm not that knowledgeable. What I would suggest is asking this question over in the "Digital Formats & Music Server Forums" here. I get most of my questions answered there.

When I got my HRT Music Streamer USB DAC that's were I turned to get some answers.

Thanks!, regarding the avatar appreciation. Not many people get that it's Phils bass.

There's a ton of cable's out there that you could potentially use, alas I'm not that knowledgeable. What I would suggest is asking this question over in the "Digital Formats & Music Server Forums" here. I get most of my questions answered there.

When I got my HRT Music Streamer USB DAC that's were I turned to get some answers.

Thanks!, regarding the avatar appreciation. Not many people get that it's Phils bass.

Yes, that's a good idea. I am a digital music noob but Ive spent apt of time in the Phil Zone!

If I understand the question right, you could simply use a toslink digital cable from Mac to DAC-11.

Yes, the digital input of the DAC-11 will do UP TO 24/192 but it will do just fine at 24/96 too.

Back
Top Bottom