fisher kx-100 rebuild & opt's

boppa54

Okay,
I picked up a kx-100 that's in great shape cosmetically but woeful on the component side, you can tell it got REAL hot at some point. It's missing 1 opt and the other is going to be replaced away, since I plan to completely rebuild it. So I was wondering if anyone could tell me if these opt's would be a good fit.

http://www.edcorusa.com/p/426/cxpp25-ms-7_6k

From an electrical specification standpoint, it should do fine, although the feedback circuits will likely need some form of adjustment, as is invariably the case when a different output transformer is installed in an existing circuit. You will need to check if they will physically be able to mount up and work in the same space as the original transformers did however. Whatever your path, make sure that the transformer in both channels is the same.

Good luck with it!

Dave

Thnx for the info. I just checked the dimensions, and... scrap those, way too big. I may have to, but I just don't want to spend $200 having Heyboer rebuilding the 1 and building a new one if I can help it, though it's not that bad.

Anyone tried the Hammond 1620a or 1650fa in this amp? Dimensions are correct.
1620a 20 watts with 6.6k impedence.
1650fa 25 watt with 7.6 impedence.
I'm not sure what fisher used for the original impedence in this amp.
Also these are ultra-linear, did fisher use this?

Dynaco SCA-35 (Z-565) are nice trans. Maybe might fit! Magnequest and Triode Electronics are originators for replacements. The Magnequest has 8 & 16 ohms as per orginal and Triodes has 4 & 8 ohms secs. Both have 25% UL taps like the orginal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom