The Fisher KX-200, KX-90, KX-100, X-101b, X-202

ssab

Hello!
Enlighten me please, I want to find out in a series of tube Fisher 60's, than a series of KX differs from the X series, and so on.
Inters fundamental difference amplifier such as KX-90 of KX-200, KX-90, KX-200 from X-101B.

kx-100

The k meant the purchaser assembled the entire amp. I had mine in 1962 and it worked until I went to transistor as the new sound.
I have a 1963 photo of mine in my AK member info site.
It sounded ok from what I remember.
The output tube sockets started arching on the pins. The new sound of Solid State was a big draw also at the time. I gave the fisher to a friend and bought an SS amp.

Paul

Attachments

• IMG_0232.jpg
    IMG_0232.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 101
they dont look much alike inside tho. or outside for that matter. but who am I to judge.
altho I worked on both and dont see much likeness.

KX series are kits. Built by the buyer or someone he hired (some buyers hired someone to build kits, I assembled quite a few for buyers who didn't have the time to build or finish theirs)

Thanks for your help! I bought several lots - what do you say?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! Nice amps!

I hope you know you have to recap these amps as they are original with 50 year old PS caps and coupling caps.

Many people play them thinking it's okay, then suddenly they loose a PS Trans. or worse an Output Trans. The old caps can short out suddenly!

Output tubes can be lost also!

Also check all the resistors and clean the tube sockets and pins. If there is a selenium rect. replace it with modern SS diodes.

Watch it carefully even after a rebuild as sometimes new caps can fail usually within the first year.

Lots of threads on rebuilds with google search!

Thanks for your help! I bought several lots - what do you say?...

All good choices! And fine examples of them as well. Glad that you got them. They will fill your home with great sound. Now, we need pictures when you get them and need to follow your progress with them.

Good on 'ya Mate!

Well I have a X101-C which I love, now I just got a KX-200 it's coming this week,
It's going to be a project to get it up and running, but hopefully all the Tranny's
are good and I got all the parts yesterday so all the caps will be all changed and
everything else cleaned.

Tube

The Fisher X101b

300$ - normal?

Another The Fisher bought me :)

Attachments

• $T2eC16d,!yUE9s6NFmHRBRS3scPGHw~~60_12.JPG
    $T2eC16d,!yUE9s6NFmHRBRS3scPGHw~~60_12.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 62
  • $T2eC16R,!)UE9s3wCLukBRS3sfvYGg~~60_12.JPG
    $T2eC16R,!)UE9s3wCLukBRS3sfvYGg~~60_12.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
The X-101-B is a nice amp. Congratulations.
I do suggest that you do some research on this forum about that particular amp. It is prone to power supply transformer failure but you will discover that a proper restoration will eliminate the potential problem.

Back
Top Bottom