What's your latest audio purchase?

Netdewt

Post your latest audio purchase!

I just received and assembled new speaker cables! BJC Ten (Belden) with BFA style bananas. :banana: What a difference. My old ones were just "there" and I hadn't gotten around to getting nice ones (I'm ashamed to admit they were from the 70's and 22AWG, uh yeah).

I have searched high and low for a thread like this. If I missed it, sorry. :music:

Snagged a used Rega Planar 3 and Audio Technica AT-150MLX cartridge barely an hour ago. Not quite the RP3 I'd been hoping for, but I don't think I'll have much to complain about.

Did you snag that on Agon, if so I had my eyeball on that as well, anyway nice grab :thmbsp:

A minty Pioneer CX-L5 Executive shelf system with a pair of Dahlquist PDQ-16s (also mint).
A VTI BL-404 Audio rack.

I bought a Denon DL-103 and a Musical Fidelity V-LPS phono amp to run it through. It's mounted on a recently purchased Rek-O-Kut 120 arm next to the Rek-O-Kut L-37 i bought a couple months ago.

When I look back at all the money I spent on this rig, I'm a little shocked (it creeped up on me!) and disappointed. But there's still hope. I may be able to squeeze some decent performance out of the Denon eventually.

Snagged a used Rega Planar 3 and Audio Technica AT-150MLX cartridge barely an hour ago. Not quite the RP3 I'd been hoping for, but I don't think I'll have much to complain about.
No, I think you'll really like that combo.
:thmbsp:

Attachments

• ROK Digitizing.jpg
    ROK Digitizing.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 545
Last edited:
Did you snag that on Agon, if so I had my eyeball on that as well, anyway nice grab :thmbsp:

Yep, that's the one. Much as I would've liked to buy brand new, my budget is pretty limited, but it looks to be in great shape, and I think will work out nicely for me. It's my first even remotely hi-fi table too, so I'm pretty excited to give it a spin.

As an added bonus, my soon-to-be roommate and coworker has been getting really curious about putting something together for himself, so I'll be passing my Technics over to him and seeing if he catches the vinyl bug.

10" Rubber surrounds so I can attempt repair of the voice coil on one of my speaker drivers. Otherwise I am holding off to do some rearangeing, then it will be room acoustics time.

Back
Top Bottom