w1jim

I can fix it but good...
Subscriber
New England Fall FrankenFest Saturday October 25th in Clinton MA

Once again, our customary location at Franks shop

55 Sterling Street

Clinton Ma 01510

Just over the railroad tracks.

We as usual, need to be careful about parking - we don't want to use the lot across the street but we can park in front (as usual) and there is a lot around back on Parker Street (see map).

We'll start around 11AM and go until around 5-6 PM.

These events are going quite well with people taking more responsibility for bringing food and cleaning up afterwards. Let's keep that up!

The swap / sell / freebie tables will be a given as usual and people can bring their favorite toys and systems to set up.

Not sure at this time what space will be available to us - I'll try to give Frank a call or he can post here.

Just take your unsold treasure home with you, don't load up Frank's dumpster.

Please spread the word to anyone and everyone in the New England area to attend - AK involvement isn't a requirement, although typically a given.

All that is required is an obsessive interest in all things audio - that's our common bond.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I'll be there and will have some nice stuff to sell or deliver there. Looking forward to it!

Nice! Excited to see everyone again. I'll have some nice gear to bring as well.

Thanks Jim.

I'd like to claim a spot either in one of the downstairs work rooms or upstairs, if available, to set up an "all NAD" system. I thought this might be a fun exercise. I should have the NAD 300 speakers completed, paired with a NAD 2400 amp, NAD 1600 pre. All from roughly the same time period (late 80s).

Also for the benefit of the group, I am trying to coordinate a "guest speaker" for the event. I recently met up with a former NAD employee who is friendly with the two co-founders of the company. One of them, or one of the design engineers, might be available to talk about NAD, the history and the philosophy. No guarantees, but could be a nice little talk.

Finally, this same former NAD employee is now working at Outlaw Audio, also based in Massachusetts. There's a chance we might be able to get Outlaw to set up a demo system for us to critique and gawk over.

Stay tuned....!

but wait.. there's more! :)

Very Cool - this is always a blast!

Hope you don't mind me adding some other events that our local AK/Frankenfest members might be interested in. ( I'll post them up separately as well)

FLEA at MIT (aka MIT swapfest) has 2 more events before they shut down for the season.

Sunday September 21, and Sunday October 19th.

I went to the first one in April but haven't gone again. I plan on attending these last two dates.

And September 26-28 at the Marriot at Brooklyn Bridge NYC
The New York Audio Show

I'm thinking about taking the Boston to NYC "GO bus" out there to check this out- not 100% but if I do. I'd most likely be going on Saturday. (it's a three day event)

Check out the site in the link above.

Thanks Jim.

I'd like to claim a spot either in one of the downstairs work rooms or upstairs, if available...

Which reminds me... What's the protocol for acquiring a "listening space" (even just for a half hour or so )? . I've been talking about bringing an "Under the Radar" Audio system for folks to check out for the past few meets, I just never seem to coordinate the space situation to make it happen. I could bring a speaker selector in case anyone has some speakers they want to play for folks. not a bad way to squeeze in multiple demos out of a single space, since space is kind of limited to begin with.

Just a thought.

Customarily space has been on a first come / first served basis but I'm open to people calling dibs on this thread.
Of course, we don't know for sure what space is available until a week or 2 before the event.

In that case, I'd like to claim a "space" whatever that may be.

Jamal, you are welcome to set something up alongside. I actually have a Jamo selector that allows for 2 amps and 6 speakers. *my dream come true* i can bring it. it doesn't take up a lot of space.

Awesome!
I was hoping that it would be later in the month.
I'm having surgerey (again) on my left foot on October 10th and I was hoping that the Fest would not be on the 11th.
With it being the 25th I can go, albeit on crutches.

Al. Wise

baco99,
The best sounding space I've found for intimate sounding systems, not outright stadium scale sound, is that alcove I used last Frankenfest.
It's to the right just after you exit the freight elevator on the second floor. You'll need extension cords, but sonically, that's the spot.

I suggest that you reserve that space where I was set up for your NAD/Outlaw demo and possibly the NAD talk . . . or have the NAD talk in the main hall.
I take dibs on it for you, but if you undib it, I'll take it.

Suggestion:
Take a phone picture of the layout before moving stuff around to set up the space for gear and listeners so you can put it back the same way later. It's not Frank's space or stuff there. I did that last time and didn't hear any complaints.

Good to know and yes, I was thinking of the same spot. I think that's also where Jim did the OpAmp swapping in Feb.

Sounds like it's baco-dibbed.

For power I ran a long cord straight down the stairwell from above.
You'll probably want a 75' cord.

Back
Top Bottom