Yamaha M4 amp with NS1000M's

Congrats on the M4 and NS-1000s!!! I have a M4 that i got from a guy who at a party someone spilled a beer on the left channel amp boards and supposedly it wouldn't work so i got it for a song. Well ended up it needed new trim pots and i went ahead and recapped it and it sounds great!!

BTW, from what Dave (avionic) has said, don't use Deoxit D5 on the volume pots in the M4. Use D100 because the D5 will desolve the carbon traces in the M4 volume pots.

Thanks for the recommendation - was going to use Deoxit-5

Ouch! Perhaps the one on fleabay is not too much out of line. I'm basing my opinion (albeit a very uneducated one) on the acquisition cost of the M-4. I'm thinking 2 1/2 times more for a pre amp vs amp is kind of out of line.
Time to rethink this I rethink - lol

Yeah, the M-4 may be one of the greatest bargains in all of vintage audio.

I've seen some fully functioning examples go for as low as $70.00.
I got one of mine, in very good + condition in original box for not much more.
I can't figure out why an amp that is so very well built, and sounds so stunning is so undervalued.

Well, based on previous comments and recommendations, I broadened my search for a C-4 to other possibilities and I sourced a C-80 yesterday. Should have it in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to getting it, checking it out, cleaning and then testing it. Might have some questions from you all when I receive it as this will be my first amp - preamp combo.
Looking forward to letting my ears decide if this will be my main or secondary system. The M-4, C-80 and NS1000M's will be compared to a Technics TX-50 and Thiel CS-2's. I use a Dalquist sub with the Thiels but don't think a sub is required with the 1000M's.
A tuner will be next on the list for the Yamaha setup - recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

A tuner will be next on the list for the Yamaha setup - recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

One of the best, if not the BEST, Yamaha tuner ever, is the T-2.
But they don't come around often, and when they do they usually aren't cheap.
Though a decent, less expensive alternative to the T-2, is the T-1. A lot of members here have, and love the T-1.

One of the best, if not the BEST, Yamaha tuner ever, is the T-2.
But they don't come around often, and when they do they usually aren't cheap.
Though a decent, less expensive alternative to the T-2, is the T-1. A lot of members here have, and love the T-1.

Thanks Saint - got my binoculars out searching!

Back
Top Bottom