Kenwood Model 11iii HELP PLEASE

ccawker

:no:Let me start with,"i am soooooo stupid"........so,i had my speaker A light out,easy fix as I have done that before.Had extra lights from my KR7600,so I barewired one(to see if it would work)sure enough it did,but was not as bright.So,i had another which had a little bigger bulb.....hooked it up the same way way....and POOOOOF!!!!!! All lights not working,but they are not blown.The worst part is now I have NO SOUND!!!!!!!!My tuner gauges and power meters are still working(minus the lights).I checked the 2 fuses next to the power supply and they are good.I am not a newbie but still dumb enough about internal electronics to do this.......Where do I go from here,and if you can be a little simple in the explaination that would be good.I live just north of Minneapolis so a tech would be good if we cant get this thing taken care of.

Last edited:
There's a 4A fuse on the power supply board (X00-1820-80) which is specifically for the lamp circuit.

You are correct,found it and it was blown,sadly I only have 5amps on hand so will have to wait til tomorrow

You are correct,found it and it was blown,sadly I only have 5amps on hand so will have to wait til tomorrow

So,put a fuse in and "most of the lights are working....all of the tuner lights straight across are ,BUT only half of the indicater lamps are...I switched a couple and the bulbs themselves are working.I get the stereo,am,phono 2,and aux...the rest are not(but bulbs are still good.So,i noticed there is a green wire that came off and it is connected to the small circuit board right behind the volume knob and the # on the board is 34,its LONG WIRE AND GOES SOMEWHERE towards the power switch area.I am confused,

Need to identify the board the wire is connected to, and then it can be located on the schematic...

Being that I have an Eleven III open on my table at the moment...Green wire coming off the power switch connects to the underneath side of the control amp board at wire wrap pin #34. If it broke off, you'll probably find the pin with the corkscrew of wire still on the pin. It's between the input selector and the treble control

Back
Top Bottom