With a little help from my friends....

snapshotjc

Last night, Dantana found this wonderful little "copper tuner", and with my weakness for the odd and wonderful, I emailed the seller and scored this neat H/K copper FM100 tuner; Thanks Dan! :yes:
It's shipping today and going to Terry for a going over and an alignment, and then I'll shine it all up and post the after pics!
Is this a great group of people or what? :yes: What a hobby to have! :thmbsp:

snapshotjc said:
Last night, Dantana found this wonderful little "copper tuner", and with my weakness for the odd and wonderful, I emailed the seller and scored this neat H/K copper FM100 tuner; Thanks Dan! :yes:
It's shipping today and going to Terry for a going over and an alignment, and then I'll shine it all up and post the after pics!
Is this a great group of people or what? :yes: What a hobby to have! :thmbsp:

Very cool, snapshot! I'm glad an AKer got that one :thmbsp:

Just bumping this thread...picking up a Harmon Kardon Counterpoint II tomorrow...my first tuner.

Tubes still warming up, but it sounds great & looks cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this Harmon Kardon Counterpoint II has a Ground (G) and an Antenna (A) connection. This is a mono tuner and I am using a stereo antenna from an old Pioneer receiver. Currently I have the stereo antenna hooked to both G & A on the tuner...this is okay, right? Or should I search out a mono antenna? Everything sounds fine as is, but one night the tuner acted a little weird...kind of just "crapped out"...wouldn't pick up any stations, tuner gauge wouldn't move at all, just the front lights on but no action...thought I was going to have to make some repairs after only owning it a few days...but the next day it started working again. The manual talks about using the "G" connection with a 300 ohm TV wire.

Back
Top Bottom