Kenwood Owners Show Us Your Kenwoods!

Do you want to discuss the particulars of how you found it?

Well,I was just lookin' thru the Kenwood/Trio,Ebay UK listings (as I do daily) and spotted it on a "BIN" for £650 or best offer. I had to act real fast,so purchased it at asking price... much too good an opportunity to pass up on,or even risk making a best offer on,then in the meantime seeing someone else has beaten me to the post.
In my book,it's plain and simple... you wants it badly or you don't :thmbsp:

Well,I was just lookin' thru the Kenwood/Trio,Ebay UK listings (as I do daily) and spotted it on a "BIN" for £650 or best offer. I had to act real fast,so purchased it at asking price... much too good an opportunity to pass up on,or even risk making a best offer on,then in the meantime seeing someone else has beaten me to the post.
In my book,it's plain and simple... you wants it badly or you don't :thmbsp:

BIN. Like shooting fish in a barrel. Great price I think also. :thmbsp:

To my absolute delight,a rare UK branded Trio L-02T turned up... still in it's original box and in mint condition!! The best tuner in the world bar none!

008_zpsxdr413zh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
004_zpsdzwojoeu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
003_zpsoittnzu1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
:jawdrop: Holy crap!!

Cheers!
That's exactly what I thought when I opened the box up! Tonight,gave it a good listen via BBC Radio 2 FM stereo through a fully recapped/restored Trio Model 600 Supreme integrated... I can honestly say,I've never heard a tuner sound so amazing... awesome upfront soundstage and the depth is unbelievable,also the bass is incredible!

The difference a great Source component makes cannot be underestimated. Another component worth isolating as well as the turntable.

Cheers!
That's exactly what I thought when I opened the box up! Tonight,gave it a good listen via BBC Radio 2 FM stereo through a fully recapped/restored Trio Model 600 Supreme integrated... I can honestly say,I've never heard a tuner sound so amazing... awesome upfront soundstage and the depth is unbelievable,also the bass is incredible!

You, my friend, are one serendipitous individual. The Trio master!

Not to throw a wet blankey, but isn't the UK slated to pull the plug on FM?
Will we perhaps be seeing some of those fancy tuners for sale here on this side of the pond? Cheers.

gagagagaga

wow that monster kenwood looks MEAN!

these older receivers just SING with a CD player hooked up, how are you liking that Toshiba? SD-9xxx series?

You, my friend, are one serendipitous individual. The Trio master!

Not to throw a wet blankey, but isn't the UK slated to pull the plug on FM?
Will we perhaps be seeing some of those fancy tuners for sale here on this side of the pond? Cheers.

Cheers for all the kind comments guys.

Trio master... I like it lots :thmbsp: :D
With regards to the UK pulling the plug on FM,it's been put back till at least 2020 owing to disappointing sales of inferior sounding DAB tuners and radios.
Even in 2020,it might not even happen... so nope,I've got no worries!

gagagagaga

wow that monster kenwood looks MEAN!

these older receivers just SING with a CD player hooked up, how are you liking that Toshiba? SD-9xxx series?

It's just a crummy old DVD player - SD-K741. It sounds good to me!

Cheers for all the kind comments guys.

Trio master... I like it lots :thmbsp: :D
With regards to the UK pulling the plug on FM,it's been put back till at least 2020 owing to disappointing sales of inferior sounding DAB tuners and radios.

Given your impressive stacks of top drawer Technics and Pioneer kit, Trio Master rather understates the state of play at Daunia towers. I would go with Vintage King :thmbsp:

Kd-550

...With regards to the UK pulling the plug on FM,it's been put back till at least 2020 owing to disappointing sales of inferior sounding DAB tuners and radios.

Well, that there is some good news. :yes:

The latest addition to my Kenwood stack:

KD-550.

attachment.php

Attachments

• KD-550.jpg
    KD-550.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 350
Back
Top Bottom