Anyone going to C.E.S.

not I...can't make it...be neat if someone from AK was...we could get some "live" coverage and pics up here in the gallery forum.

see ya in April ;)

Consumer Electronics Show?
I think it's this week in Vegas. Go Tim:)
Yeah, it would be cool if someone here went. Maybe BrianB from venushifi? I would love to see some pics.
md

Mike,

Be realistic--CES has limited relevance to Audio Karma. If one wants cutting edge technology, one goes to Audio Asylum or similar sites. The interests of AK (with some notable exceptions)
lie elsewhere.

Whoa! where did that come from? Where's that "is AK vintage?" poll? TY, should I cancel my subscription to "stereophile" just cause I like to post here and have vintage gear? Mike's post certainly had relevance to those who were interested.
md

md,
no, keep the Stereophile sub: it will keep you abreast of what's current in audio. If you want to discuss something from the latest issue, you probably wouldn't come here to do so. Just as you wouldn't go looking in Stereophile for advice on whatever vintage gear you're using.

TY,
Thanks for the reply. Based upon your post to me, I wouldn't open a thread on CES and post about it if I wasn't interested in it.;) I'm just saying that those who are interested in CES will read it. Those who don't care won't. I just don't know where you were coming from when you posted your comments about CES. There is room enough for everyone on this forum:)
md

Originally posted by millerdog
TY,
I just don't know where you were coming from when you posted your comments about CES. There is room enough for everyone on this forum:)
md

Be realistic. There MAY be room here, but few audiophiles will find it interesting enough to stay (as I said initially, there ARE some notable exceptions).
Bob Crump only posted to be polite to Mike (and probably won't be back). Alan Kafton posted a few times but I can't imagine him spending any more time here. Stereophile writers won't ever post here. Sue Kraft of TAS has grown tired of AA and would undoubtedly LOVE the general friendliness of the forum, but I'm realistic enough to realize that inviting her here would be fruitless.

The fact that Kamakiri could ask "What is it [CES]?" should point out to you how limited the relevance of CES is.

House Critic

I find your logic faulty. Have you looked at the systems of our readership (mine for example)? There are a number of members that are NOT into vintage, YET make AK their preferred Audio on-line home (and our numbers are growing). I posted because I'm interested in CES, and I know other members also (even if they have not replied to this thread). Consider it a public service. I realize that AK is still vintage-driven AND that AA Inmates have a much greater interest in "cutting edge technology". BTW - I'm familiar with AA having contributed since '99. I frequent the site daily and have made many friends both there and here.

I'm not interested in cultivating AK into AA or recruiting industry members. Though I value their participation and would enjoy their presence here. I'm happy with the site as is and frankly have been very impressed with our growth in the short time we've been on-line. And I'm especially pleased with the excellent participation - in numbers and quality - in the forum I moderate. Thank you, everyone. Rather than question the value of my post or compare the two sites I suggest you redirect your energy by contributing something relevant.

MikE

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom