Help with my c2300

Fattner

Well tomorrow is the big day my shipment from audio classics can in (c2300 and mvp 861 player ) My ? Is what do I set the trim setting for my mc501s mono blocks and my mvp861 player for max audio performance The trim is the grain ,correct? So if I switch from one source to another ( player ,turntable ,etc ) ii hoping it will be at the same volume .anyway thx for everyone help !!!

Last edited:
Well tomorrow is the big day my shipment from audio classics can in (c2300 and mvp 861 player ) My ? Is what do I set the trim setting for my mc501s mono blocks and my mvp861 player for max audio performance The trim is the grain ,correct? So if I switch from one source to another ( player ,turntable ,etc ) ii hoping it will be at the same volume .anyway thx for everyone help !!!

Its very unlikely that all of your different source inputs will be at the same level of playback, as you switch between them.
These variations are to be expected. If this is something you don't want then you might need to adjust your acceptance ideas or possibly do some very unique tinkering around inside of your front end gear. But please keep in mind all the different sources will all have different dynamic range content, and thus a different drive level.

Maybe you can add a DJ mixer console inline somehow, this is about the only way I can think of cheaply keeping all of your input sources at similar drive levels...LOL sorry, but it would work to make all inputs at one common drive level....But definitely not Mac quality...

Yes, adjust with the trim level for each input source. You might not get it "exact" but it should be good enough. But, there is a problem... I find with CD's or other digital inputs that the actual source material (not source player) can be at different levels (i.e one flac file sounds louder than another), so the trim doesn't help too much then...

Got it ,so will my amps/universal player show what to set the trim level at in the manual? And it will be under what specs ? Thx

The manual won't give you specifics but once you enter the menu on the C2300 you can adjust the input level. It will take a bit of listening on your part.

A meter would come in real handy with this task. And leftside is correct, not all source files will play at the same volume so input volumes are a general and not specific setting.

With my preamp I adjusted the trim to get the other inputs as close to the phono inputs as possible using a SPL meter. Since the phono inputs have the lowest SPL in my setup. I got pretty close. Just remember like has been mentioned before source material recorded levels vary quite a bit.

PP 11-12 of your C2300 manual will step you through the procedure for TRIM adjustments. I set my most frequently used input to 0.0 at my usual listening level and adjusted the other inputs' TRIM levels to match roughly, by ear.

someone please explain trim , when i plug in my amps mc501 there is nothing to do correct ? it only the soruce ?

someone please explain trim , when i plug in my amps mc501 there is nothing to do correct ? it only the soruce ?

The input trim has nothing to do with whatever power-amps you are running...

The input trim is there to give you enough input sensitivity variance to trim your different sources so that they are all the same volume.
For example I have to trim my MR78 down so that it is the same level as the USB input, and I have to trim my turntable up a bit...

Thats all its there for, it has nothing to do with your power-amps.

Leave them set to 0db and run all your sources at the same time, then flick through them and adjust the trim so the sound about the same level...

Input trim is a function built into the preamp. Mine is also on the remote. I assume the C-2300 has the same feature on it's remote. Get out your owner's manual and read up on how to use this feature.

All is fine and dandy doing trim level, however you should have the habit of turning down the volume anytime you switch sources. You should also turn it down whenever you turn off the system. Always select and start a sourcs then set the volume to listen.

All is fine and dandy doing trim level, however you should have the habit of turning down the volume anytime you switch sources. You should also turn it down whenever you turn off the system. Always select and start a sourcs then set the volume to listen.

Thats got nothing to do with trim level though.....

If you want to maintain consistency for the levels of sources you simply use the Input Trim feature...

It's really not that difficult......

awesome thank you for everyone's help,one more ? when I load my phone cart from my TT into the c2300 what must I do ,I have the Marantz TT15 with the clearaudio wood virtuoso mm . again thx for your help everyone

if you increase the trim does that in distortion ,just another stupid question sorry ,

When you do the trim balacing for all your sources it just sets the volume at the preamp to match each other.

However when playing a digital file from a computer, ie 1 souces it can have multiple volumes per file and the preamp will not know this. The same is true for CDs each one can have higher and lower volumes.

My above post is a standar safety practice for HiFi equipment and you should make a habit of it.

You could be blasting a record the night befor and then turn off the system. The next day you come home and play a hot file and blow a tweeter.

Turn the volume down befor shutting down the system.

Turn down the volume before you move the source selector switch.

Simple

thankyou for your help , another ? i have is how to set my adjustments for my MM cart and what values ( marantz TT 15 w/ clear audio cart wood virtuoso ??

thankyou for your help , another ? i have is how to set my adjustments for my MM cart and what values ( marantz TT 15 w/ clear audio cart wood virtuoso ??

Your cartridge is specified for load resistance of 47k ohms and load capacitance of 100pF. I would suggest setting 47k ohms and 100pf...then listen to some of your favorite recordings and tweak the capacitance up/down to find your preferred setting. Check page 18 of your C2300 manual under "Phono Adjustments"...you can do this adjustment from your listening seat, using the remote.

Your cartridge is specified for load resistance of 47k ohms and load capacitance of 100pF. I would suggest setting 47k ohms and 100pf...then listen to some of your favorite recordings and tweak the capacitance up/down to find your preferred setting. Check page 18 of your C2300 manual under "Phono Adjustments"...you can do this adjustment from your listening seat, using the remote.

thank you: very much !!! looks like I will have a lot of fun listening and adjusting ,but once the unit is dialed in I will be in audiophile heaven !!!! :music:

thank you: very much !!! looks like I will have a lot of fun listening and adjusting ,but once the unit is dialed in I will be in audiophile heaven !!!! :music:

Yes it great to be able to adjust all that from your listening chair....:thmbsp:

There is only one category ability to select on a MM that's the load capacitance ,unless I'm not doing it right , so time to have some fun !! Reviews of my system with new pics soon !!! So far out of the box mu first impression is holy crap wow!!

Back
Top Bottom