What I learned on Craigslist

Ok here's what I learned... Made a deal with a seller on a set of speakers and already gave me his address. Then calls me and says someone made an offer to pay him more. WTF... I told him we had made a deal already and if he was not sure he should have put in on the bay to let others bid on them. Shame on both him and someone else to bid me up. He should have kept his word and if the deal fell through then the next interested party would have the chance to buy.
CTL

Are you actually seeking honor, integrity, and character out there, especially in CL land? We should be thankful that at least there seems to be a good supply of those qualities on this Forum!

You guys are so harsh. I'm sure there's a good explanation. His wife is probably in jail, his car broke down, his boss didn't pay him, so his credit is ruined and the rent is overdue.

Oh, wait, that's facebook. Carry on. :thmbsp:

I've learned that when ever someone doesn't show up after sending many emails stating they are really interested, they don't reply to you when you ask why. However, if you call them up on it, they normally say that there was a serious family illness that kept them away, but they can come tomorrow if you still have it.

Then you don't hear back from them! Too funny, and so predictable.

And honestly, I am surprised at the number of sellers who do have integrity!

I've learned that when ever someone doesn't show up after sending many emails stating they are really interested, they don't reply to you when you ask why. However, if you call them up on it, they normally say that there was a serious family illness that kept them away, but they can come tomorrow if you still have it.

Then you don't hear back from them! Too funny, and so predictable.

And honestly, I am surprised at the number of sellers who do have integrity!

I have had someone call to say they will be there in 10 minutes, never to be heard from again

I have had someone call to say they will be there in 10 minutes, never to be heard from again

Especially if the item you are selling requires a great deal of effort to show. I was trying to sell a pop-up camper. I had it parked under an awning (too short to open it up). So I hitched it up and pulled it out into the yard and opened it all up. Surprise! No show. Local phone number too, that's the only reason I thought they'd actually show.

Screw em. My wife and I camped in it that night, right in the yard. We forgot how much we liked the camper and decided to keep it, lol.

I mean I can see building the world's largest bird bath. But $300?

Old 1980's Fiberglass Satellite Dish - $300 (Se Okc)

"Vintage, nostalgic, archaic, etc. You would be responsible for loading. Send name and number for questions. No number I will put in the spam folder. Ad up equals available. $300 cash."

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/ele/4437606567.html

not mine, no affiliation

Always want to get a parabolic sat dish, install a metal box painted black at the focus point, point the thing at the sun and cover the dish with discarded CD's. Voila, solar oven! There are some examples on YouTube but all using the tiny newer ones. I don't believe they get enough heat that way. I thought the old 8-ft diameter one would be awesome for this.

Edit: Here's a good one with a 6-ft dish. They say it boils 16 oz of water in 2 minutes. Yikes.

Last edited:
Are you actually seeking honor, integrity, and character out there, especially in CL land? We should be thankful that at least there seems to be a good supply of those qualities on this Forum!

I am a Man of my Word and that's what keeps me on a higher Caliber than most. Pretty much my word is my Balls. Either you have it or you don't.:yes:
CTL

Lesson learned: all things listed for sale under the "Electronics" section of CL and related to the production of joyful sound aren't necessarily music or TV related:

http://duluth.craigslist.org/ele/4415613436.html

For posterity:

"Ex-wife used it about 4 times still brand new! Very durable not a cheap toy

Paid around 580 with shipping from the factory --- 460 firm
For more info - http://www.kenstwistedmind.com/F*****g-Machines/KTM-112.html"

Seriously, I have a background related to microbiology and know how to sterilize things, but would never purchase this for my wife (even if she were interested, which I'm 99.99% certain she would not. I think. :para:).

Seriously, I have a background related to microbiology and know how to sterilize things, but would never purchase this for my wife (even if she were interested, which I'm 99.99% certain she would not. I think. :para:).

Leave some hints around the house. Maybe she will buy it for you. :scratch2:

Always want to get a parabolic sat dish, install a metal box painted black at the focus point, point the thing at the sun and cover the dish with discarded CD's. Voila, solar oven! There are some examples on YouTube but all using the tiny newer ones. I don't believe they get enough heat that way. I thought the old 8-ft diameter one would be awesome for this.

Edit: Here's a good one with a 6-ft dish. They say it boils 16 oz of water in 2 minutes. Yikes.

I thought I was the only one. Dan Rojas has a channel on Youtube with all sorts of cool things like this. I made a small one, it got scary hot.

I learned on Craigslist that the personals section is a wee bit frightening.
Whoo boy. :no::thumbsdn:

"Ex-wife used it about 4 times still brand new! Very durable not a cheap toy

Horrifying. :yikes: Another classic. It's kind of like the collection of adult mags that comes up every now and then. Are you kidding?

Onward: One should never venture into the depths of CL personals. At least not without antibiotics and salve.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom