Dynaco SA Find. Any good?

Hanleyster

ambitious but rubbish
Very heavy, dark brown grills, rubber surrounds, no model number or anything to identify them. Help!

Attachments

• 20140417_161911_resized_1.jpg
    20140417_161911_resized_1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 20140417_161931_resized_1.jpg
    20140417_161931_resized_1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 76
I had a pair of those, they were actually pretty decent speakers. The tweeters were French (Morel maybe?) and the midrange was an open back in a tuned cup. Decent woofer too, much more robustly built than the A-25 Seas woofer. Don't know what they're worth, I think I sold them for around a hundred bucks or so about 10 years ago, seemed fair.

Last edited:
Well the work! I don't have a highly trained ear by any means but the they seem very lively and bright. Crisp highs, decent lows once the volume is cranked up. I'll bet they are worth more in parts though, cabinets are dull and chipped in places.

The morel tweeters seem to sell for quite a bit on ebay!

I had a pair of those, they were actually pretty decent speakers. The tweeters were French (Morel maybe?) and the midrange was an open back in a tuned cup. Decent woofer too, much more robustly built than the A-25 Seas woofer. Don't know what they're worth, I think I sold them for around a hundred bucks or so about 10 years ago, seemed fair.

Morel is an Israeli company. The don't look like Morels to me with those vents or whatever they are.

Morel is an Israeli company. The don't look like Morels to me with those vents or whatever they are.

Didn't know that! Could they possibly be Audax? They've been making drivers for years. Can't really think of too many French speaker makers though I'm sure there are a few others.

Back
Top Bottom