yamaha vintage floor speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Montana bro, my closest neighbor is quarter mile away lol, the pawn shop is 13miles away I drive a ford superduty and it like lots of fuel to run so shotgun is the cheapest way to dispose of these. and im not the type of guy to scam people so I wont be trying to sell(junk) speakers to anyone, its just not my thing.

Last edited:
There are some speakers out there that you don't have to listen to. Their looks are a giveaway that they're going to sound poorly. This is one of those cases. They're not worth the space they take up and any $$ you can get for those eyesores would be a plus.

Suit yourself.

26 mile r/t to the pawn shop would use less than 2 gallons of fuel. At $4 per gallon, that's $8.

So you'd throw away $192? (Not to mention the cost of the shells?). Seems reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are some speakers out there that you don't have to listen to. Their looks are a giveaway that they're going to sound poorly. This is one of those cases. They're not worth the space they take up and any $$ you can get for those eyesores would be a plus.

ken- there's a lot of wisdom here if you seek it. Seek it! :thmbsp:

The opinions have already been given. If you disagree, fine. The opinion seems to be if you can get $200 from the pawn shop, take it.

The physical size and watt ratings of a speaker mean NOTHING towards how they sound. Yamaha made some wonderful speakers but these are not one of them.

The opinions have already been given. If you disagree, fine. The opinion seems to be if you can get $200 from the pawn shop, take it.

The physical size and watt ratings of a speaker mean NOTHING towards how they sound. Yamaha made some wonderful speakers but these are not one of them.

lol they mean nothing if you don't understand how much volume of noise come out of a 250 watt speaker powered by a vintage 2 channel receiver, with that said I think what you meant is if you have perfect hearing watts mean nothing but if your like me and listen to metal then yes power means a lot these speakers can be used as monitors even pa's but all I wanted to know is was I going to get had, for 200.00 and obv you guys have better sound equipment than these but I am willing to bet none of you that posted have never owned these speakers and that being said, you prolly just read other reviews or opinions wich makes your statements irrelevant, however I realize yopu guys know somewhat what your talking about(not owning them personally) I can only say thankyou to you replies,...and thanks for taking interest in a new members thread so

Sorry, got off on the wrong foot. Here's a tip for you, there are these guys that sometimes hang out in large store parking lots. They drive white vans and sell really great speakers. 1000 watters. Maybe should check them out. If you live in a large city, they are around. Look for DaVinci brand. Those are the best!

Last edited:
Now, ggreg, I think our man here is misunderstood. I think what he's after is a set of thundering mosh pit distortion makers. And for lack of clarity and total distortion, then yes, those would be fine speakers. A great find.

And ken, don't be too harsh on ggreg. From his avatar, I'll wager he's got some tubes laying around somewhere. And those old tube amps just don't deliver what you're after. Better some vintage Fisher BPC amp. I can think of a few I've had with over 100 wpc and some serious distortion. :thmbsp:

No tube stereo stuff at this time. Had plenty in the past. And I like rock music, played loud. Mr. Kenny is not listening. If all he wants is party speakers that he can crank and doesn't care what they sound like, then these are a fine choice. But they are not high quality speakers and not one of Yamaha's better efforts. They were designed for a rack system which means they were designed as cheaply as possible. Obviously he is very happy with them and that's the main thing but don't come on here saying they are the best things out there when you don't know. If you a/b them with other speakers, their defects will become readily apparent. If he wants loud, we all know that any older classic Klipsch speakers will play much louder than these will, or nearly any other speaker for that matter. And it's not because of the watt rating of the speakers, it's the efficiency rating of the speakers. I'm sure he's pleased with them and that's great. That's the main thing. But don't start talking about something and think you know what your talking about, when you don't. If he would just listen to some of the great advise already given, he wouldn't look like such an idiot. He doesn't have to change his mind, just be receptive to others opinions, others who have a lot more experience with this stuff than he does. I sold those Yamaha speakers new, and I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole. But that's just me. And this is from someone who had more Yamaha pieces than anything else.

I sure wouldn't destroy the speakers~

They look like great garage speakers, I have a set of Kenwood kabuki in my garage with some low quality 2-ch reciver and it works great for the purpose. Loud, distorted, bassy. Crank it up loud so I can hear it while working in the yard.
If they blow up, no big deal.

That's the ticket!

And anytime you make a run into town, put the speakers in the back and take them to the pawn shop - $200 is nuts for those speakers, take the money and run!

Yes, I'm with you there. I think I got a little off track, imagine that!:D

For his needs, they will probably work perfectly. However if he is looking for a step up, he should probably look for the biggest pair of Cerwin Vega's he can find (I'm serious this time). For the music he likes, those would really blow those Yammies away and they can be found easily in the $200 range.

Last edited:
lol they mean nothing if you don't understand how much volume of noise come out of a 250 watt speaker powered by a vintage 2 channel receiver, with that said I think what you meant is if you have perfect hearing watts mean nothing but if your like me and listen to metal then yes power means a lot these speakers can be used as monitors even pa's but all I wanted to know is was I going to get had, for 200.00 and obv you guys have better sound equipment than these but I am willing to bet none of you that posted have never owned these speakers and that being said, you prolly just read other reviews or opinions wich makes your statements irrelevant, however I realize yopu guys know somewhat what your talking about(not owning them personally) I can only say thankyou to you replies,...and thanks for taking interest in a new members thread so

Why not trade them in on some proper punctuation and sentence formation. I for one can't make heads or tails of what you say, but some strange reason find it fascinating.

I think that since posters have gone past helping and moved on to insulting, it's time to close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom