Detroit Craigslist alert - ADS L1530 speaker system - $150

Ad is still there. I'm assuming it's a typo or a scam cause they shoulda been gone by now.

Last edited:
I'd actually be tempted to make the 5+ hour drive from Chicago if I thought there were any chance of getting them.

At 1/10th of their value I'm betting on an email harvester. We had something similar to that ad around here with a pair of klipsch kg4's for short money. And yes I bit to.

It's hard not to bite. I mean, what if it's for real. That's why I have a junk e-mail account just for stuff like this.

Well, it's been 12hrs since I emailed, and I haven't heard back. I was assuming they just "dropped a digit", and wanted $1150, or something... way too much, but more likely than $150. But now, I'm thinking they are just surfing for contact info.
Hope I don't get too much spam on me! :D

Not a SCAM I picked them up :)

Big thanks to a pair of great AK members, one who saw these and pointed me to these!!! great pay back for the Nikko 1415 i found for him :) and the other to my friend Duckzilla who picked these up for me while i was in Florida :)

I saw how beautiful they were and I couldn't stomach paying 150 for them once i saw them i gave him double.. i know still i am a thief but at least there is a little conscience. He was pretty aware of what they were and their value, didn't want to take the 300 but I insisted. he is retired and moving to a condo .. these are MASSIVE and wouldn't fit.

SaunaDog long time no see!

I cant believe i have L1530s .. i immediately started A/Bing them with a pair of Infinity RSii (a's) I will soon put a fully refreshed pair of ADS 1290s next to them that Richard So finished for me a year ago.

I promise to come up with pictures, Since i am in the middle of a remodel these went right directly to another AK members house (Duckzilla) who is loving them and probably planning how to off me and have them never leave!

Wow, congrats on a great score MN. At least it wasn't a Phishing scam to collect e-mails.
Enjoy your new awesome speakers.

yes a score at twice the asking and still i feel i paid 1/3rd the worth even more important right now they are at Duckzilla's house and he is digging them largely i will send this to him and ask him to comment on how they sound

FYI ;-) my ADS 1290's with PA1 amplifiers .. 70 bucks and what was in my ashtray of my car (93 cents) that .. is still the score of the life time for me

Congratulations!

I'm releived to hear it was legit, so at least I won't suffer a spam barrage, and since I couldn't get them, I'm especially glad they went to another AK'er. :thmbsp:

Great catch, Nick! You know, now you have to host a SMAC meet so we can hear them! :D

FYI ;-) my ADS 1290's with PA1 amplifiers .. 70 bucks and what was in my ashtray of my car (93 cents) that .. is still the score of the life time for me

I dunno; once you live with the 1530's for a while you might just change your mind on your best score. Glad to hear that you got them and this wasn't a scam. And kudos to you for paying the seller the extra $$$:thmbsp:

I dunno; once you live with the 1530's for a while you might just change your mind on your best score. Glad to hear that you got them and this wasn't a scam. And kudos to you for paying the seller the extra $$$:thmbsp:

:) consider that i could sell the PA1's for more than i paid for all 2 pairs of 1290s and the 1530s ;) that makes it the score.

I have only gotten to listen to them for a brief period the bass is MASSIVE! and tight! they are detailing things extraordinarily well, but from that perspecitve in the uppers and mids they are remarkably like the 1290s

Back
Top Bottom