Hi End Accostic Arts Score

bigjay25

So I scored on some AA speakers,preamp and crossovers.

Very nice stuff the condition is about 6-7 -on everything.

Here what I got

Pair of AA concertos rosewood SPEAKERS

PAIR OF AA CLASSIC MK1 speakers

Dac preamp &

Az 100s crossovers

Any info on years and value will help. The concertos weight about 200 lbs ans stand over 6 ft tall

Those are the concertos laying on sides on back of van. will take more photos once I get help picking them up.

Attachments

• 20140412_120027.jpg
    20140412_120027.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 129
Saw that ad and replied this morning but you beat me to them - very little on the net about the speakers - looks like they were produced in Germany for a short while and just sold overseas - the dac/ preamp and the crossovers are worth more than the speakers probably - they are all really high end pieces.

Last edited:
I was long a sleep by then - I was going back and forth whether to even inquire - I found one site that had pricing for the concertos ( mk1 ) it was in British pounds and was 15000 sterling so about 25k us - they are at the minimum 8 years old- there are preamps and Dacs on audiogon from them that are all big $$$$ items - "accustic arts" seems to sell overseas ( you have to spell it correctly or you won't get good results searching) I hadn't heard of them before and I've been playing with audio gear for a bunch of years - you'll need some serious amplification and space for those - the crossovers might be specific to the speaker - the speaker might need to be bi/tri amped and rely on the external crossover

The preamp might be the "preamp 1" the newest version is mark 3 - the retail is 7k - for $500 you got quite a haul.

Last edited:
There onlky 1 tweeter working out of all speakers. tweeters are not working.

Im hoping its in the crossovers inside cabinets.

I will have to pull tweeters out and get a reading.

Wish me luck. Who knows how much these tweets will cost to get replaced

If they need to get fixed send them to bill legalt at millersound ( in Pa) the guy is a miracle worker - I'm sure they are higher end units according to the literature I've seen - what were the crossovers used for? I thought they might be some sort of outboard deal - the preamp is more than worth it if working correctly - is it a tube pre? Which version? I thought it was kind of odd that there was no amp or cables to hook up....

I ment the boards s inside speakers. There might be a protective fuse inside.

The preanp works great. Not tube.

The cross over hadnt been tested yet.

I wonder what was the external crossover used for?
Madisound carries Seas Excel tweeters (its one of Seas higher end lines ) hopefully they didnt do any of thier own modifications to the tweeters - I also read there was someway to adjust the level of the tweeters so that might have gone bad. If its an older line of tweeters form Seas, there is a repair place in England that can get old stock tweeters from Seas.

looks like a couple of the Seas Excel tweeters have ferrofluid in them - this may have dried/ got sludgy - this would be a much simplier fix (see my thread on Ferrofluid)

Last edited:
Looks like they are on eBay - nothing's fixed but is disclosed that way -sold as a package deal accustic arts

I see there is some hand made German power cable with the same name on eBay. Is that the same company?

Accustic Arts i is a German company that sells high end gear and they do sell cables,etc. and mainly preamps and dac hand made in germany ($$) from the research i did they made speakers only for a short while and there are no reviews of the speakers I can find. We get a lot of europeans buying home here and maybe its how this gear ended up down here - the OP looks to be someone who buys then sells on ebay - from the posts and ebay description the gear was not not taken care of very well of - the OP posted trying to find out how to get the tweeters out of the speakers and must have given up and is selling as is. He bought the lot for $500 and has already sold the crossovers for 1k - the speakers and Dac are on for considerably more as is.

Back
Top Bottom