99-pound UK made TA2020 integrated

Dissonant

See here: https://www.amptastic.com/.

Intriguing implementation of the venerable TA2020 chipset. Very well-reviewed in the UK forums too. Has anyone here tried it? My mind is blown at how they managed to have an amplifier assembled in the UK and sell it for less than a hundred quid. Looks to be more robust than the pedestrian Lepai equivalent too, but at a much greater cost (in relative terms). Wonder how it'd compare to the newer TPA3116 forum darlings. Perhaps an option that'd allow me to sell off my Marantz and switch to high-efficiency SEOS-based speakers.

See here: https://www.amptastic.com/.

Intriguing implementation of the venerable TA2020 chipset. Very well-reviewed in the UK forums too. Has anyone here tried it? My mind is blown at how they managed to have an amplifier assembled in the UK and sell it for less than a hundred quid. Looks to be more robust than the pedestrian Lepai equivalent too, but at a much greater cost (in relative terms). Wonder how it'd compare to the newer TPA3116 forum darlings. Perhaps an option that'd allow me to sell off my Marantz and switch to high-efficiency SEOS-based speakers.

Zero contract minimum wage that's how things are done here now.

Too bad the Amptastic isn't available here. I'd buy one just for giggles.

Really ? I got the impression from the faq that they ship worldwide.

For UK orders we use the UPS courier service which provides online tracking. For EU and Worldwide orders we use Royal Mail International Signed For parcels (and tracked where possible). Any tracking codes or references will be emailed to the customer once the parcel has been successfully packed

Edit - when the dropdown on the cart went to 'Thailand' the message told me they dont ship to my location - changed it to the States and it wanted a Zip code : I'll leave it in your capable hands, Art :D

Last edited:
The better chinese stuff isnt I suspect any worse than these.

I bought a MUSE EX2 and its a cracking little bit of kit.
Different sound to my other chip amps, but nice.

I dont see any pics of what components they use in these.

Really ? I got the impression from the faq that they ship worldwide.

For UK orders we use the UPS courier service which provides online tracking. For EU and Worldwide orders we use Royal Mail International Signed For parcels (and tracked where possible). Any tracking codes or references will be emailed to the customer once the parcel has been successfully packed

Edit - when the dropdown on the cart went to 'Thailand' the message told me they dont ship to my location - changed it to the States and it wanted a Zip code : I'll leave it in your capable hands, Art :D

Let me restate it. If I could buy it from a source here I would. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom