Tekton Owners Thread

All black components look great, go with any decor or wood, without dominating the room.

They're also easier to sell. Try selling a pair of Ferrari red speakers.

"break in period is very real" that blew me away. I was suspect until I experienced the process for myself. Nice set up.

I have had my Lores for about a month now. I use them with an 8 watt per channel tube amp and it powers them just fine. All I really have to say about them is that the break in period is very real, they change significantly over time, for the better.

PIC_0278.jpg

I have that same TV. I get more complements on the picture. Mine is 47 inch.

I have had my Lores for about a month now. I use them with an 8 watt per channel tube amp and it powers them just fine. All I really have to say about them is that the break in period is very real, they change significantly over time, for the better.

PIC_0278.jpg

Is that an Elekit TU-8200 I spy? I'm thinking about that amp as my first build. Can you talk more about how this pairs with your Lores?

Is that an Elekit TU-8200 I spy? I'm thinking about that amp as my first build. Can you talk more about how this pairs with your Lores?

Yes that is an Elekit TU-8200DX. It sounds very good with the Lores. The KT-88s sound very good with excellent depth and separation. I think all my carpet affects the bass in my listening room, and since I am a bass junkie I still run an in-line subwoofer with it.

Must be a slow news day, my picture is drawing a lot of inquiry. The subs are Velodyne, just one is hooked up to my amp, the other is hooked up to my A/V system.

The one on the lower left is a bastardized sub, but it actually sounds real good. I took the original Velodyne sub out, replaced it with a higher quality one I bought from Part-Express, and closed the port. The bass from it is very tight and strong.

I am the type that sometimes just does not know when to leave stuff alone. Gets me in trouble sometimes and sometimes it works out. But, you'll never know if you don't try.

The one on the left looks different now because the grill will no longer fit on, Ha!

Cheers

Has anyone played Norah Jones thru their Tektons?
WOW is all I can say. Sure it sweet thru my Lore 2.0s.
Rich tite bass and her voice is like an angles.
If you hav'nt yet you're in for a treat.

My Lore 2.0s are breaking in just fine far as I can tell. Liking them better all the time. 30-40 hrs I guess.

Pulled out some familiar music not listened to for awhile.
WOW. I was hearing it in mor clarity/detail with better base than ever before with my new Lore 2.0s.
They are now breaking in to a point where I can hear the difference. Last coulple days I been running some norah Jones thru them all day for break-in purposes. It helped.
Been maybe 30/40(?) hrs now since new.
Loven em more and more. Every body should get them.

Last edited:
Glad you're liking them. 30 -40 hrs? - they should be opening up about now. Not suprised you can hear the difference.

Actually, mine are about 40 something hrs and they keep improving all the time. The best feature is the cohesiveness and its balanced presentation, along with the details and presence.

Soundstage is still not there, but is gradually going in the right direction. Soon I'll make some placement changes as I ordered some Sound Discs to use with the spikes on tile floor since the rug the speakers are on at the moment would not get to the extremes of the room (width wise), and I want to increase the distance between both speakers to assist in soundstage projection.

I also ordered a new power cord for my DAC which may help out some too.

Lore 2.0's are definitely keepers! You were right ferninando ...

Last edited:
Cant help praising my Lore 2.0s.
Sound quality has really began improving almost on a daily basis.
Going back to CDs not heard for awhile and hearing them again NOW,
I can really hear major differences. More in-depth detail especially the lower regions
Much more bass frequencies are makng themselves audible thet may have been there before but just more presense and audibility. Wonderful. I hear stuff listening in another room from the spkrs that I sware I hadn't heard to such a degree before.
Im guessing pushing close to 50 hrs now. they are just getting better all the time.

PAGS,

Except you won't be able to move them around for that ideal placement. Moving all four spikes over pennies at once, not an easy task. The discs will slide smoothly and the concave indentations will keep each spike in its proper position ... Just saying ...

ferninando,

My Lore 2.0's are opening up so much it is starting to hurt the sound. Let me explain:

I used to have them dialed at 10:00 at the most in my volume pot. Now I have to dial them at 9:00 or less, as otherwise the sound is too much 'in yer face', sort of hard edged, as if shouting ... This is new and has started to show during the last 8 hours or so, so I'm not sure where it is going next.

The good thing is the amp is breathing freely and with all the power on reserve I may ever need (at only 4 Watts per channel), but, I'm not sure I like the forward sound it has started to project these days.

I may have to re-assess my tube complement to lessen this effect on sound as the speakers tend to become even more loose over time ... These speakers are so sensitive I can't imagine running them with a powerfull SS amp or a Push-Pull tube amp with more power than my SEP. There may be a tradeoff involved in high sensitivity drivers, and this may be it. I will try to use 12Au7's for the preamp positions instead of my preferred 12AT7's, to lower the forwardedness ... I just want the smooth sound it was delivering earlier at low volumes.

It may also be something related to the mains AC. I use an Isolation Transformer with excellent results, but lately the local power company has shown all kinds of fluctuations. I can tell by the dimming and sudden brightening of the lighting systems sometimes. I may need to invest in a good power conditioner of some kind. I like Power Regeneration units but cannot afford the excessive price of those from PS Audio.

Anyway, too much of a good thing?

Last edited:
Very interesting observation Fireblade. I wll try listening for that effect.
Hopefully as you say they may ease up some after more time passes
I would be very interested in hearing your opinion later on.
Just FYI, Im running mine with a fisher X100B integrated tube amp good for maybe 25 watts. Additionally I have another fisher x100-3 6bq5 tubeamp good for 17 watts and a Dynaco ST70 with 35 watts. I ran the st70 early on and want to run it again soon to see whats changed. I'll be listening for any forwardness.
I also want to see which amp sounds best on the Tekkys.

Back
Top Bottom