PSB Imagine B Speaker Deal. Anyone Want To Loan Me $600?

Dr. Morbius

I.N.T.E.R.O.C.I.T.O.R.
It appears that Audio Advisor is having a sale on the gloss black version of the PSB Imagine B bookshelf speakers at 599 smackers. The other flavors, such as cherry, are still listed at full MSRP.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PBIMGB

I'd nap a pair if I had the do re mi, but the family business has been slow this winter so it's not in the cards. :sigh:

I don't know how long this sale will last. Looks like a really good price for A-stock non-returns though.

pbimgb_gb_ng.jpg

Hey Doc... Are you thinking about getting rid of your Focals? I have decided to keep mine and I ordered the stands this afternoon. They should be arriving Monday or Tuesday.

Is there something wrong with your Focals?

I have wanted to hear a pair since they have received such great reviews.
Indeed.

"Recommended Component" 2013 - Stereophile
Editors' Choice Award Winner 2013 - The Absolute Sound Magazine
Listed in The Absolute Sound 2012 High-End Audio Buyer's Guide

Hey Doc... Are you thinking about getting rid of your Focals? I have decided to keep mine and I ordered the stands this afternoon. They should be arriving Monday or Tuesday.

Is there something wrong with your Focals?
The Focals are fine and aren't going anywhere. I'd love to ditch a couple of other pair and replace them with one pair of these though.

Congrats on the stands!

That is a great deal on what is surely a wonderful speaker. If I had the spare dough I would try a pair in my home office.

FWIW, if you check the specs of the PSB Image Bs to the Focal 806Vs, The Focals will be the better speaker. Of course there are other factors that come into play that could have an effect on the speaker's performance.

Doc can attest to the fact that Focal speakers are hard to beat. To those who are in doubt, get a pair home and audition them for thirty days. If you're not satisfied, send them back for a refund. No harm no foul.

These are the natural sounding speaker I have ever heard. If you have a tube integrated amplifier, be ready for an eye opener and be blown away. This is one reason why I wanted to update my tube integrated. The Jolida JD102 was 25wpc, and it was enough to handle the 806Vs. I was able to trade the JD102 for a JD202, which gives me about the same watts per channel as my McIntosh MA5100.

The sound that these two produced must be heard in order to comprehend what you just experienced probably for the first time, just like me. The experience is a holographic 3D texture to the sound that is above and beyond anything you will ever experience. Words cannot describe what you are hearing.

This is why I finally realized that I could not justify spending more money on speakers since I have been very happy with the Focals.

I received the AA catalogue and I saw the Imagine B's. Willing to sell any of my speakers except the Focal 806's for a pair. Money is tight here in my life.

FWIW, if you check the specs of the PSB Image Bs to the Focal 806Vs, The Focals will be the better speaker. Of course there are other factors that come into play that could have an effect on the speaker's performance.

Doc can attest to the fact that Focal speakers are hard to beat. To those who are in doubt, get a pair home and audition them for thirty days. If you're not satisfied, send them back for a refund. No harm no foul.

These are the natural sounding speaker I have ever heard. If you have a tube integrated amplifier, be ready for an eye opener and be blown away. This is one reason why I wanted to update my tube integrated. The Jolida JD102 was 25wpc, and it was enough to handle the 806Vs. I was able to trade the JD102 for a JD202, which gives me about the same watts per channel as my McIntosh MA5100.

The sound that these two produced must be heard in order to comprehend what you just experienced probably for the first time, just like me. The experience is a holographic 3D texture to the sound that is above and beyond anything you will ever experience. Words cannot describe what you are hearing.

This is why I finally realized that I could not justify spending more money on speakers since I have been very happy with the Focals.

I owned the Focals for a few months bought sound unheard. They were OK but lacked midrange detail that I crave.
Auditioned the PSBs, wound up with PSB Image towers.
If you like midrange detail and clarity the PSBs are significantly better.

I owned the Focals for a few months bought sound unheard. They were OK but lacked midrange detail that I crave.
Auditioned the PSBs, wound up with PSB Image towers.
If you like midrange detail and clarity the PSBs are significantly better.

That's how I see it as well. Finally with the Aria we are seeing Focal focusing more on midrange detail in a reasonably priced product.

I would love to find out first hand, but I'd need to sell an item or two or order to make it happen.

Looks like they just received some gloss white Imagine Bs at the same low price of $599. My spidey senses tell me this model may be getting axed.

PBIMGB_pglswht.jpg

Back
Top Bottom