Alloy knobs on Yamaha's new A-S801??

bergun

Asking all the Yamaha's experts or individuals in the "know" if Yamaha has upgraded their new A-S801 integrated amplifier's "cosmetics" by using the alloy version of their knobs or if they are still sticking with the same plastic versions of their knobs, as used on their previous model, the A-S700? After looking at the "silver" version of the A-S801, which "looks" like it has alloy knobs, or at least a hard plastic version, finished in a metal-like finish. If so, I was wondering if they are doing the same for the "black" version as well.

I know that Yamaha is trying to keep the unit prices down, but a few more $$ isn't a show stopper.

I love the fact that they are introducing the silver faced amplifiers to the North American markets, but since they haven't or I haven't or seen anything otherwise, that they are not offering their CD-S700, CD-C600 CD players or their T-S500 FM/AM tuner in silver, I guess I'll be sticking with black. "I" wish that Yamaha would offer all the same "mid-fi" equipment line in silver since a matching rack of "ALL" silver Yamaha gear would be super cool with a slight retro look that "I" like!!

I could order the CD-S700, the CD-N500 and the T-S500 from either Europe or Asia via eBay, but there are too many "issues" in converting them to work properly in the U.S., so I'm passing on that option... I know as soon as I go that route and with my luck, Yamaha will then market these units in the U.S. in silver.

Thanks for looking!!

Good question, I plan on getting one when released (hopefully) and I will post here if I end up with one.

Back
Top Bottom