Help choosing between two yamaha amps?

waytoometa

Hi guys,
I'm new around here but have been lurking for a while. I'm in the process of putting together my system at the moment. I'm thinking my main use of it will be listening to vinyl. I haven't got a turntable yet, but I'm on the look out. I'm a real noob when it comes to all of this and any searching I've done really hasn't helped me much.

Anyway, I've come across two yamaha amps online and was looking for some help if possible. They're both the exact same price.
Yamaha RX 396
Yamaha RX-V530 (the seller is selling this with some speakers as well)

I'd really appreciate any assistance making sense of these. I'm terrified that I'll buy something and it'll be the completely wrong thing!
Thanks in advance

If you're going for dedicated two channel listening then the rx 396. Otherwise you're getting a lot of A/V stuff that can take away from the pure audio element.
But then if you need speakers it's hard to pass up the same price and get speaks.
Bottom line, depending on what your budget is you may want to look more. You could find that same receiver for a lot less I'm sure.

if your listening to music go with the rx 396. you will find the sound is just fuller for some odd reason compared to an av reciever even with the same specs

You might want to check prices on new 2 channel Yamaha integrated amps and receivers. There are some excellent values to be found.

You might want to check prices on new 2 channel Yamaha integrated amps and receivers. There are some excellent values to be found.
If you're wanting to listen to vinyl as your primary source, IMHO you'd be better off with an integrated like the Yamaha A-S300, for example. The sky's the limit depending on your budget..

Marantz also makes nice amps, such as the PM5003/4/5 series. I have a PM5003 and found it to be a very good amp, with a nice phono section.

And then there is vintage -- lots of great vintage stuff from the age when vinyl was king. Good luck and happy listening!

If you're wanting to listen to vinyl as your primary source, IMHO you'd be better off with an integrated like the Yamaha A-S300, for example. The sky's the limit depending on your budget..

Marantz also makes nice amps, such as the PM5003/4/5 series. I have a PM5003 and found it to be a very good amp, with a nice phono section.

And then there is vintage -- lots of great vintage stuff from the age when vinyl was king. Good luck and happy listening!

Vinyl will always be King!:music:

Back
Top Bottom