What was the last movie you watched?

Hated War of the Worlds - I mean, we ejected it 2/3 of the way through- thought Valkerie was a fair film, not exceptional but fairly good.
Oblivion was pretty good, and Edge of Tomorrow was a fine SF action film. We even reWatched Minority report about 6 weeks back - not half bad. Cruise does seem to get some good properties from time to time.

Tonight we watched Guardians of the Galaxy - no Tom, but what a fun hoot!

I forgot about Valkerie, another good one. I googled, and upcoming Cruise movies are another MI, Jack Reacher, and Top Gun.

I forgot about Valkerie, another good one. I googled, and upcoming Cruise movies are another MI, Jack Reacher, and Top Gun.

Most of Tom Cruise's movies are unmemorable. That he is again portraying Jack Reacher is unforgivable. It would be like Danny Devito playing the part of Hercules.

No Country for Old Men. Tommy Lee Jones.

Another Coen Bros masterpiece! Commercials were actually welcomed to give me a few seconds to reflect on what I'd just seen!:thmbsp: Every aspect was engrossing, from the dialog, acting, plot, cinematography, directing. Not too much of anything, and lots on intrigue. :yes:

Now one of my top 20 movies! Wow was it great! :thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp:

Howling II... 1985 U.S./UK production.

I rented this on VHS video when it was released in 86 and didn't go much on it then and I still don't now... seems very disjointed in places,also the acting isn't good. It has it moments though and Christopher Lee kind've saves it from been a total disaster. Sadly it's not a patch on the original,but then sequels rarely are.

002_zps8925b2d3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Most of Tom Cruise's movies are unmemorable. That he is again portraying Jack Reacher is unforgivable. It would be like Danny Devito playing the part of Hercules.

Well, that's the thing about movie stars, if you don't like one, there are dozens more to choose from.

Third Person

Cast of thousands including Liam Neeson, Adrian Brody, Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, James Franco, Maria Bello, Kim Basinger.

I'm 30 minutes into this one, it's over 2 hours long and I'm fighting the urge to eject the disc. If this is going some place I can't see where and that is the problem. The film is jumping all over the place from different scenario to different scenario to different scenario and none of them are interesting enough to be holding my interest. I'll give it 15 minutes more and if it keeps going the same way: Finito.

Olivia Wilde :drool: Serious crush on her. Kevin Sudekis is one lucky dude!:yes:

Third Person

Cast of thousands including Liam Neeson, Adrian Brody, Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, James Franco, Maria Bello, Kim Basinger.

I'm 30 minutes into this one, it's over 2 hours long and I'm fighting the urge to eject the disc. If this is going some place I can't see where and that is the problem. The film is jumping all over the place from different scenario to different scenario to different scenario and none of them are interesting enough to be holding my interest. I'll give it 15 minutes more and if it keeps going the same way: Finito.

It does all come together so hang in there.

And double drool for Olivia :drool::drool:

Duel (1971). Dennis Weaver. Directed by Steven Spielberg. Tension in a stark landscape!

Spielberg's second feature length move, from a story that originally appeared in Playboy IIRC.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Duel (1971). Dennis Weaver. Directed by Steven Spielberg. Tension in a stark landscape!

Another fine movie from a stark landscape was BREAKDOWN starring Kirk Russell. I must have seen this film a half dozen times. It does have a little bit of DUEL in it.

"A Million Ways to Die in the West". Basically a terrible film, but I laughed pretty hard a few times.

Bubble Boy (2001). Jake Gyllenhall. Just about the most absurd movie I've EVER seen! :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: I was curious because Jake Gyllenhall was in it and I like the kid. But it was a trip to watch. Danny Trejo provided an interesting angle. Just crazy but I watched it in about 4 parts in between shows I wanted to really watch.

Dilemma Vince Vaughn and Kevin James. Two of my favorite actors for odd casting.

Speaking of Vince Vaughn (and I wish I wasn't) I was informed that, unfortunately, he will cast as one of the leads in next year's TRUE DETECTIVES on HBO.
I guess I won't be watching that series. VV as an actor, sux big time!

Speaking of Vince Vaughn (and I wish I wasn't) I was informed that, unfortunately, he will cast as one of the leads in next year's TRUE DETECTIVES on HBO.
I guess I won't be watching that series. VV as an actor, sux big time!

You need to watch, Clay Pigeons, with him in it. Could or may change your mind.

Back
Top Bottom