Yamaha GF1... now's your chance!

Spectrum77

Throw away your amps! Not often these are up for sale, and when they are they're usually at a boutique store.
Yah** Auctions Japan. About $65,000 (edit).

Attachments

• GFD1.jpg
    GFD1.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 482
Last edited:
:yikes: :jawdrop: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Me WANT 'em! :yes: ...but alas, me no get 'em right now. :no: I'm moving, and drastically downsizing as it is. The last thing I need right now is another good-sized, premium-priced pair of speakers, no matter how nice and how rare they are. Besides, these are outside my current audio budget, even before shipping. Someone sure should be happy to get those, though! :yes: :music:

:yikes: :jawdrop: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Me WANT 'em! :yes: ...but alas, me no get 'em right now. :no: I'm moving, and drastically downsizing as it is. The last thing I need right now is another good-sized, premium-priced pair of speakers, no matter how nice and how rare they are. Besides, these are outside my current audio budget, even before shipping. Someone sure should be happy to get those, though! :yes: :music:

Arkay,
You are the only one I know that may have had the chance to audition a pair at some point. Have you?

If these were in the US, I'd be selling some gear and picking these up. The price seems reasonable (although it's just the starting price of an auction I believe). Talk about a true Holy Grail speaker. Man.:drool:

$79K USD if that's 6.5M Yen.

BTW, thanks for sharing, but all auction links go in D&S.

THat same pair of GF-1 was for auction at 8000000 yens and got no bids
I guess these time will be the same.... The last sold in hifido went for
1800000, doubt they can sell them for a much higher price.
Hifido is usually moore expensive than japanauctions but I rather buy from them
Im in the hifido waithing list
Regards

Pics. Sure look amazing. Don't really want something so valuable with unobtainable irreplaceable parts. Too much worry. :dunno:

These go in a museum so everybody can experience them.

okinawaspeaker-img531x499-1305755886xokpl911821.jpg

There was a single GF-1 for sale at Japan Yahoo auctions for well over 2 years.

Just ran across this and had a thought... can you imagine getting the single one AND the pair? Use the single one for the center channel, the pair for main R and L channels, and fill in the rear with NS-2000s. What a surround/theater system that could be! Sigh...

Just ran across this and had a thought... can you imagine getting the single one AND the pair? Use the single one for the center channel, the pair for main R and L channels, and fill in the rear with NS-2000s. What a surround/theater system that could be! Sigh...

Come on now....

The rears would have to be NSX-10000s.

They are one of only two surviving pairs known to the Vintage Knob historians (these are S/N 19A/B, the others are 17A/B).
http://www.thevintageknob.org/yamaha-GF-1.html

They'd been in HiFiDo storage for 5 years of slow and thorough maintanance work.

I took the bullet train to Nagoya to give these a listen today, and guess what? :O

Last edited:
You bought them?

The train broke down ?

You decided to get a Bose wave radio instead ?

Cmon man....we need to KNOW !

:)

Jblnut

Back
Top Bottom