CR-640 No lights

ffrink23

I picked up a used CR640 and none of the lights behind the tuner dial work. Can someone help get me started troubleshooting?

thanks in advance
Mike

User dgwojo has all the lamps you will need. I replaced all the lamps in my CR-840 and that green glow is mesmerizing. One of the most beautiful series of receivers, IMHO.

Thanks. I saw him mentioned on another thread. I was just hoping that it was just a fuse or something simple. Seems odd that they would all be burned out.

The lamp wiring uses series-connected pairs. As a consequence, one lamp burning out means two lamps go dark. Another consequence is that you're best off replacing them in pairs, for best matching.

There is indeed a fuse for the lamps, but I don't think I've ever seen one fail. If any of your meter or tuning cursor lamps are lit, then it's not the fuse.

Oh, another possibility - the tuning scale backlights are on a circuit board that gets its power through two wires with press-on terminals. Make sure those connections are good.

chazix

Reviving a dormant thread here....

The power light on the far left and the FM light on the far right illuminate but no other lights.

I opened the receiver up over the holidays and find three fuses that are mounted on the floor of the receiver all seem OK. So thinking I will just replace all the bulbs with new ones. Anything else I might check before I order them?

Back
Top Bottom