McIntosh in the movies.

About 50 minutes in to Men in Black II, after Tommy Lee Jones gets his memory back in the basement of the pawn or thrift shop, there appears to be a pair of monoblocks in the store window. There is a large VU meter on the front of each amp. There is no blue, but could it be a couple of mac monoblocks or am I seeing things?

there is an MX130 in the background in the new Tomas Crown Affair just after he steals the painting and is sitting back in a chair.

Just saw "I Love You Man" last night and there's an MC252 or 402 along with a preamp and possible CD player in Sidney's man cave garage. Definitely 2 stacks on Mac gear but you only get a quick glimpse.

"The BlackMarble" 1979 Robert Foxworths character had a pair of Mc60's hooked up to a solid state pre (Non Mac) in His apartment.:music:

The movie Phil Spector has what looks like a MC 2105 in a scene when Phil (Al Pachino) plays "You've lost that loving feeling" on the turntable.

In CSI we can see Gil Grisom at home listening his system !
1 MR71, one C40 , one MC352 if I good remember ...

In the mentalist (see my post one or two month ago ) we see Patrick Jane touching a MXA60

:thmbsp:

In "As Good As it Gets" Jack Nicholson's character has a nice McIntosh amp in his apartment. That's two Nicholson movies with Mac gear (Departed and this one).

In the documentary Muscle Shoals (highly recommended), there are a couple good shots of two different MX110s

Revived.

Saw Crazy, Stupid, Love last night for the first time. There is some Mc gear in the background in the wealthy bachelor's home - hard to tell exactly what it is though, even on frame by frame on a 60" panel.

Interesting movie . . . kind of like an American Beauty.

Last night I watched the movie, "Walk of Shame" starring Elizabeth Banks. About halfway through the movie when Gillian Jacobs and Sarah Wright visit James Marsden's character's apartment you can see a MC2205 and a C27 in the background.

I think I saw mac stuff really quick in a scene in a bedroom in the movie "Miami Vice" playing in theaters now. If someone can confirm this...
Just saw this. Appears to be an MC602 and a C200 - can't make the other pieces out.

Not a movie, but 1960's TV.... Chad Everett had a McIntosh c22 preamp in his luxury apartment (along with the ever-present bottle of brandy) on "Medical Center"....

The crew will find the lightest piece of audio they have to carry and neither the director or a local dealer will let their own stuff get banged around. Could be the star gets some nice stuff as part of the contract.

Fictional LA Police Detective Harry Bosch (Amazon Prime Series "Bosch") has an MX110 (I think) and an MC240 in his house as well as a Japanese turntable and speakers (Ohm??) that I don't recognize. The detective has very good taste in Jazz which is featured in the show sounding very nice on the system - which is amazing because in one episode, you get a shot of the back of the system and nothing is connected to anything (except power cords to make things light up and turn).

The detective prefers vinyl.

Fictional LA Police Detective Harry Bosch (Amazon Prime Series "Bosch") has an MX110 (I think) and an MC240 in his house as well as a Japanese turntable and speakers (Ohm??) that I don't recognize. The detective has very good taste in Jazz which is featured in the show sounding very nice on the system - which is amazing because in one episode, you get a shot of the back of the system and nothing is connected to anything (except power cords to make things light up and turn).

The detective prefers vinyl.

Oh I remember that, The TT was a cec / marantz 6300.

Executive Action 1973 Robert Ryan's office while discussing the framing of Oswald with Burt Lancaster. MI 3,MR77,C28,MC2105,MC2105 & a unidentified component possibly a Sansui decoder. at about 28 min in.

What else would you expect from two of the toughest men in america.

Attachments

• IMG_3678.JPG
    IMG_3678.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 39
Back
Top Bottom