My new MT 5

I guess mine is something the previous owner threw in then. I can't take a picture of it right now but it is a heavy blue suede contraption that is sewn together where two corners meet, and has one flap that is only sewn at the top, then one open side. On two of the sides there are weights on the two front corners, but what I really don't get is why one of the corners is sewn together.

I've seen things like that for people who aren't fans of lifting big acrylic dustcovers on and off, probably cheaper too. Doesn't fit with my dustcover stretch-goal of keeping it safe from accidents, though.

Man,
I have never wanted to do more dirty things to inanimate objects then I have this week!
This looks awesome - huge fan of your 1st listen as well!

hey volks... while a record is playing,
can the light in the platter be turned off?
I'm curious.

hey volks... while a record is playing,
can the light in the platter be turned off?
I'm curious.

I'd like to know this too - I don't think it can be though.
In fact, what about all MC gear?
The one thing I wish about the MC gear is there would be a way to make all the green turn off, I like to get lost in my ears in the dark sometimes.

I believe that there's a potentiometer on the back of my MT-5 to turn down the platter illumination. There's also a pitch control on the table which is great for playing off-speed 78 RPM records.

mgrenwic... on the newer amps and preamps,
you can turn off the meter lights...
but not the green lettering.

Yes, I looked thru that - I didn't find anything definitive but I could have missed it. I understand your "teach a man to fish" attitude but you know what is better than me digging thru a manual for product I don't own? Asking the guy who just bought one, who is stoked about it, and I am sure would love to talk about it.
After all, isn't that what this place is for?

thanks volks... it's a beauty with the platter light on or off.
How nice it is to be able to do that!

Back
Top Bottom