SCORE!!! Yamaha MX-10000

marne

80s B&W addicted
Whoa, I'm going crazy! I sniped a MX-10000 5 minutes ago. And you guys are to blame for this and the first who know it! I really excited how this beast compares to my MX-1 and PC2002Ms. Time for a personal pickup. I think it was way too cheap, did nobody of the ak members see it?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170439192253&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&autorefresh=true

Beside, I was reading about the amounts produced, 200 pcs and 250 pcs and wonder now which is the real count. Anyone knows how many of them where produced actual?

Last edited:
Agreed, zero feedback is trouble. Local pickup only this one. 35 Euros seems very low to ship this beast. And, the photo is too perfect and looks like it was borrowed. Have the seller take a photo of the actual unit with a current newspaper BEFORE you do anything.

I agree with the posters above, pick it up yourself if possible. If its real, I'm jealous.

it's a bit risky, yes. But its not far to drive for me and the cash will flow only after I listened a few songs at least. :scratch2:

it's a bit risky, yes. But its not far to drive for me and the cash will flow only after I listened a few songs at least. :scratch2:

Bring a few friends and some "pesonal protection". That much cash will make you a tempting target. Much worse has happen for much less. Be careful and report back!

Bring a few friends and some "pesonal protection". That much cash will make you a tempting target. Much worse has happen for much less. Be careful and report back!

that makes sense but gives the whole deal a beige delicious. Till now the seller did not reply my mail, but there is still hope. And the advice from SoCal Sam with the newspaper makes sense for me too, I will ask the seller. Beside there is a little trust left, because in the description you can read that this is a inheritance. The topic was bad chosen, nothing to read from amplifier or mainamplifier (in Germany we got a few more words for this), just only MX-10000 and a description without any technical data. I think someone who wants to cheat, may have spend more time on the description to get more money for it. You see, I'm full of hope...

Lets see what happens, I keep you up to date.

scary

Thanks for your advices. The whole thing scares me slowly a bit. To summ it up. I will ask the seller to take a photo with a current newspaper on it and a glass of water in front of the amp (which is hard to photoshop), if this is ok I will drive there with at least another person and "something to protect me". Are there any more recommendations how to arrange a handover like this? How do you guys deal in such situations (I usually never buy such expensive things, especially no hifi, but a Centennial)?

You may yet be glad that you were only looking....

Well.......If I had the money I would had bid and driven there; I am not that far......

You will be OK just bring at least two more people and check the neighborhood before going there.......

Remember guys; this is not the US:D

Thanks for your advices. The whole thing scares me slowly a bit. To summ it up. I will ask the seller to take a photo with a current newspaper on it and a glass of water in front of the amp (which is hard to photoshop), if this is ok I will drive there with at least another person and "something to protect me". Are there any more recommendations how to arrange a handover like this? How do you guys deal in such situations (I usually never buy such expensive things, especially no hifi, but a Centennial)?

I'd be asking him to not completely tape-up the box(if he's going to do that) so that you can see the amp before the money exchange.

If you see it,in person,you are probably getting what you pay for.

I would bring 2 friends and have 1 wait out in the car and leave your phone on so he can here whats going on.

Agreed, zero feedback is trouble. Local pickup only this one. 35 Euros seems very low to ship this beast. And, the photo is too perfect and looks like it was borrowed. Have the seller take a photo of the actual unit with a current newspaper BEFORE you do anything.

I would bring 2 friends and have 1 wait out in the car and leave your phone on so he can here whats going on.

+ 1 :smoke:

It's not the US but Germany! Not that you can't get scammed, but it is not normal to invite 2 people and then rub them, it is really seldom heart about.

But always good to be careful, when you get the address Google map it and check the neighborhood - is it a place where it would be likely to find an MX-10000 - if not be extra on the toes.

Don't bring the money inside at once - best if you can see the unit and then go to a bank for the money.

just daves idea is quite good.

PS. I was also looking at the unit thinking the same as the rest, zero feedback, really short description and no real pics. I hope it goes thru with a happy ending.

Back
Top Bottom